Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,663
Newest Member: sihar

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
BocaBoca 250
CidCoffee
Hi - recently purchased a BocaBoca 250 from with_us, which I believe is the actual company. It shipped from Korea, was slightly delayed in customs (probably not the fault of the company?) and arrived in great condition, well packaged. It is a glass drum so I was ready to make sure it arrived intact. Build quality looks good, the mechanism to turn the drum is a large hex style nut that looks like it should work. The 250 comes with a thermometer in C however it is tiny and spins with the drum. The instructions call for roasting by time which might work but clearly you will need to adjust by roast to get everything out of the bean possible.

https://imgur.com/a/JbQWaur

A few pics show the thermometer is 'woven' through the paddles in the drum to secure it, I believe this is different than earlier models where the 250 thermometer just hung in the drum. The position of the probe is good but I have started with 150g roasts and believe the temp may change with a larger roast where the beans come in contact with the thermometer more.

I started on a Costa Rican and have not had a cup but I plan on posting more of my roasts here along with the temperature setting by minute (since the bean temp may/may not be useful).

More to come but I am happy so far
BocaBoca 250 & HGFS. I roast dark(er)

Jump to Forum: