Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

allenb
10/03/2022 12:06 PM
HI Michael, go to consumer zone, java trading company and first post is basic rules. PM me with any needed clarifications. Cheers

Michael Kirkpatrick
10/03/2022 11:47 AM
Good morning! what would be the best way to post a coffee roaster for sale? Thanks

renatoa
10/03/2022 2:12 AM
@ittiponcr and welcome cup adrianalindgren

renatoa
10/01/2022 2:13 AM
@Michael Kirkpatrick, welcome !

renatoa
09/29/2022 2:15 AM
Welcome, @vincent33, sihar and plf5 coffee drink

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 8

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,667
Newest Member: ittiponcr

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Modding the AICOOK.BMH-1202A
HarryDog
This build is causing some issues, the cup I was going to use is thicker stainless steel and my cheap step bits wont cut it and the inside wall is too far from the bottom so I used a different cup much lighter that they would drill out the bottom and fits in the hole. During my hot and fast test the temp goes to 180c then drops to 150c so I need to bypass the thermal fuse by the look of it. I have already removed the plate on the cut off switch. During a 132gram test a few beans did fly out when green so it will require an extension.
I placed a short thermocoupler at the 100gram range, think this should have been lowered a bit? Going to bypass this thermal fuse and get a roast in.

Does anyone know of a good thread or two on a FB roaster using a heat gun, my next project?

Can't post a pic?
Pixel and file size is ok?

I think I found the issue, I stripped the data off the pic and it won't let me post them.
HarryDog attached the following images:
first-roast-r3e.jpg r3e.jpg coffee-r3e.jpg

Edited by HarryDog on 09/18/2022 6:02 PM

HarryDog
I liked the evenness of all three popcorn popper bean movement types, this one is slightly more even. I did have 2 half bean that did not roast enough but the rest were ok. Next I will test out that side plate to see how even it will roast, hope it will be even better.

I need to make a chaff filter as I don't think I will be able to use this roaster outside in the winter. I have looked at a cyclone but how much air flow is required?

Can I get away with using a 300 micron beer screen and just place it inside a vent tube to filter out the chaff without loosing to much air flow?
For small batches I think this will work.

renatoa
300 microns is way too fine, will clog instantly, imo.
I would try a sieve with at least 500 microns opening (flour).

You can use the cyclone a lot of people here is using, the SN25T5 sold by chinese sites.
If happy to tinker, you can mock-up something very close from a cocktail shaker.

HarryDog
That looks like a good option, do any of the metal ones have a bottom flange?
That would be an easy way to just bolt on a jar lid. The plastic ones look to have a flange but not any of the metal ones I could find.

The beer screen is 2.7"x11.5" so I was hoping it would be large enough not to plug?
Edited by HarryDog on 09/25/2022 9:59 AM

renatoa
Nope, not delivered with a flange.
My approach is to make a custom flange from the jar lid itself, sealed to the cyclone with a thread of silicone.
The opening diameter is 40 mm.
Edited by renatoa on 09/27/2022 7:40 AM

HarryDog
Needed some fresh coffee so I roasted four batches at 150 grams each and the beans still moved well with the stock fan. Two just after first crack and two up to second crack. The bags mess up the light a bit.
HarryDog attached the following image:
roast2_1.jpg

Jump to Forum: