Print Thread
Italian Field Coffee Grinder
Dan
At Deustches Optik. Looks like it would grind about a pound.

www.deutscheoptik.com/catalog/images/Prods/SW1428.jpg

http://www.deutsc...83811f6b69
Edited by Dan on 10/23/2007 11:04 AM

seedlings
Wow. Maybe now homroasters could have a "coffee grinder building" contest. This one has a handmade appeal to it. How's the lever action? (Someday I will have an espresso machine)

CHAD

ginny
way cool, good idea Chad. Grinder contest. Hmmmm..

g

s:8s:8 all the way to the fridge!!

Dan
Here's my grinder entry!

www.grainger.com/images/products/enlarged/XL-4A105.JPG

seedlings
And mine!
seedlings attached the following image:
grey_squirrel_1[560].jpg

EddieDove
Awesome guys!

Am I eligible to submit the rabbit of Caerbannog?

s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8
Respectfully,

Eddie Dove

The South Coast Coffee Roaster
vita non est vivere sed valere vita est
Home Coffee Roasting Blog and Reference
http://southcoast...gspot.com/

seedlings

eodove wrote:
Am I eligible to submit the rabbit of Caerbannog?

Are you serious? Nobody, I mean NOBODY has ever snapped a pic of the rabbit of Cerbannog!!!!! Yettis? Yep. Loch Nessies? Sure... but that rabbit? Sorry.

But, maybe (just maybe) you could find a rare photo of The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaveras County. Oh have I heard stories about him, although he's known to jump better than he grinds. And he tastes like chicken to boot! (that's just a rumor)

CHAD
seedlings attached the following image:
Frog[561].jpg

Edited by seedlings on 10/24/2007 7:50 AM

Kaffee Bitte
Dan, It is hard to knock the hammer as grinder method. On a camping trip this last summer it was the only thing that saved me from caffeine withdrawals. Note to self: always bring hand grinder.

Perhaps one could use civets to not only poop out that Kopi coffee but also to grind it after the roast. Anyone got a civet to test it?
Lynn

"Some days it's spice, other days it's bitter dirt."

MGLloyd
Last December, the Seattle area was hit by a series of powerful windstorms that knocked out power for days. My Livia, Rocky grinder and Capresso drip were dead. What to do? It is an ugly thing when we don't have any coffee in the morning.

I boiled water on a camp stove and used a french press. To 'grind' the beans, I put them into a ziploc bag, put the bag on the counter and rolled it with a marble rolling pin until the beans were crushed to the correct size. It worked like a charm and we could enjoy good coffee.

MG Lloyd
Mill Creek, Washington USA

seedlings

MGLloyd wrote:
Last December, the Seattle area was hit by a series of powerful windstorms that knocked out power for days. My Livia, Rocky grinder and Capresso drip were dead. What to do? It is an ugly thing when we don't have any coffee in the morning.

I boiled water on a camp stove and used a french press. To 'grind' the beans, I put them into a ziploc bag, put the bag on the counter and rolled it with a marble rolling pin until the beans were crushed to the correct size. It worked like a charm and we could enjoy good coffee.

Novel idea MGLloyd! I'll remember that for camping, since I haven't been issued an Italian field grinder.

Plus, thanks for getting us back on track!

GrinGrinGrinGrin
CHAD

Oh, Dan, did they ever issue the Italian Field Espresso Maker to go along?

Jump to Forum: