Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 1
renatoa

Total Members: 8,165
Newest Member: Ramper

View Thread

Homeroasters - Home Roasting Coffee Community » HOMEROASTER USER GROUPS (HUGS) » West HUGS
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
An invitation for LA/OC HUG members
mehhistory
To start off a new year and to encourage my local homies, I am offering to host a coffee event (CoffeeStock, Coffeeklatsch, Homeroast Party, etc) at my home on Saturday January 19th, time TBA. Be warned that the home environment consists of drip brew, vac brew and a blade grinder. Roasting done with a FR8 and cast iron dutch oven.
That being said, I am open to either having someone bring different hardware to share with a group. I am not above traveling to someone else's home or even a willing commercial address if homeroast is on the menu.
Let me go further on the proverbial limb. If the above date isn't good, let's discuss a better one. The invite is open to any traveling members and so those LA bound are encouraged to add their tuppence worth. The critical thing is that someone needs to get the ball rolling. The rest will take care of itself. This list is proof of that process.

So, let the discussion and planning begin. I was thinking of doing a vertical tasting of the IMV - both 2006 lots( thanks to Ed's generousity) and the current 2007 lot. Your turn.
"In the vault, no one can hear you scream"

mjrenk
How did the event go? Was the turn out decent? I just joined this site and found this thread. I'm located in Torrance. I use a RK drum Roaster and a newly aquired Bemhor 1600. The beemer is an upgrade from my Cafe Rosto which I recently sold on ebay. Can you belevie I got $145 bucks for the thing! Who knew!

mehhistory
The event never came off because of a lack of interest. I probably should have posted to the SM site but felt it was slightly OT, as so many threads have been recently.
But we should get together, us locals, even if it's a couple of us. The South Bay isn't really that far. A Saturday or Sunday afternoon might work, especially if my wife - who enjoys but doesn't quite appreciate the coffee hobby - has an all-day class or event.

I'm still using a FR8 and a Poppery II and getting reasonably good results but I was impressed by the Behmor and by Joe Behm.

Mike
"In the vault, no one can hear you scream"

Jump to Forum: