Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
How old are you? What is your job? Tell us about yourself...
Hank
Hello. My name is Hank and I am 52 years old, my wife and I run a small business. I have been roasting for about 10 years. I started with a popcorn popper, then a Freshroast, followed by a hot Top, and now I am using a Behmor. I wore all the others out. About 4 months ago the wife and I purchased a serious espresso setup Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder and a Giotto Evolutioine Espresso machine. Previously we drank exclusively drip. This new espresso setup as brought me back to square one from my roasting.

Koffee Kosmo
Hi and welcome to HR Hank
New bling is always nice
Don't forget roasting to second crack will be most suited to get the best from your new Espresso Machine

KK
I home roast and I like it. Designer of the KKTO
Roaster Build information
https://homeroast...ad_id=1142

https://docs.goog...lide=id.i0
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/

Bezzera Strega, Mazzer Robur Grinder, Pullman Tamper Convex,
(KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster.

John Despres
Welcome, Hank.

Nah, that's just how KK likes his espresso. B)

You can brew coffee in any fashion from any degree of roast. I think rest is the key to espresso, not necessarily degree of roast.

Now then, ahem... my Yemen roasts (which I often use for SO espresso) are roasted to just a teasing kiss of 2nd.

But Ethiopia espresso? City+, typically.

Experiment with those awesome toys you got there.

Have fun!

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

Hank
Thanks!!!

My Christmas present this year is a new Quest M3!!

Ordering later today!!

dja
yep your off on a completely new and differant quest for that elusive perfect cup of esspresso now, heck I'm still trying to find that blend I hit one night by accident when I threw all that I had into the blender, brewed it up and thought I had died and when to caffine heaven, if I could only just...........
I pour Iron and roast Coffee BeansThumbsUp
If life seems normal your not going fast enough Mario Andrette

seedlings

Hank wrote:
Thanks!!!

Ordering later today!!

<throws hands up in air> You've been a GOOD BOY! Waaay better than me!

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

allenb

seedlings wrote:

Hank wrote:
Thanks!!!

Ordering later today!!

<throws hands up in air> You've been a GOOD BOY! Waaay better than me!

CHAD

And much better than me!

Now that you're gunna be one of them Ferrari drivers you'll at least have to tell us how it handles from time to time so we know what it's like.

In all seriousness, I'm curious to know how well they roast so keep us informed. The only feedback I've read was from one of those other sites.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Thundergod
Hi I go by Thundergod on forums; you can call me TG for short.
I'll be 51 soon (interesting question).
I'm a standards and process auditor currently looking for work.
I started roasting 4 years ago in a popcorn popper and then progressed to a coretto until the motor died.
I couldn't be bothered trying to build another with the 2 spare breadmakers I had lyimg around as the opportunity came along to to test a beta version of a KKTO.
It's currently offline while I get around to swapping the originally stirring arm for a newer twin-armed model.

Just so you get an idea of how fanatical I am about home roasting I've managed to reduce my green bean pile to an almost manageable 84kg. ;)
Expobar Leva | Macap M5 | KKTO

seedlings

Thundergod wrote:
Just so you get an idea of how fanatical I am about home roasting I've managed to reduce my green bean pile to an almost manageable 84kg. ;)

That's a whole bag and then some! How many origins would you guess are available in that stash?

Great to see you here TG!

CHAD
Edited by seedlings on 11/30/2010 6:09 PM
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

Thundergod
Hi Chad.
Thanks for the welcome.

No need to guess (opens spreadsheet).
I have 52.83kg of PNG Kimel and the rest is made up of beans from 14 other countries for a total of 22 different SOs.

I'm trying to cut down to what will be my favourites (other than the Kimel).
Then I'll occasionally try something new; 'cause I can.
Expobar Leva | Macap M5 | KKTO

marcwonglm
Hi all,
Missed out this thread, a little intro on myself. 47yrs old, married, with 3 grown boys, 24,20,18yrs old, (I started early, the military does funny things with your mind.) work as a Network/server manager in a shipyard. Got into coffee by accident, and now i'm hooked even deeper, hook, line, bait, sinker and the whole rod and reel! Grin Saves me a bundle as well as liking what I do, roasting and brewing coffee. Wife gives in to my equipment buying, its better she does, then me spending the money on wine and women. ;)

Best regards,

Marc.

dja
Well Marc you came to the right place, god I hate to think how much I got tied up in the thing I call a roaster. And its not finished.

Enjoy the hobby, enjoy the crowd, bunch of good people hanging out in here. What ya roast with?

David
I pour Iron and roast Coffee BeansThumbsUp
If life seems normal your not going fast enough Mario Andrette

marcwonglm

dja wrote:
Well Marc you came to the right place, god I hate to think how much I got tied up in the thing I call a roaster. And its not finished.

Enjoy the hobby, enjoy the crowd, bunch of good people hanging out in here. What ya roast with?

David

Thanks and Hi David, yes, it's really addictive, was just washing out my roaster drum, I use a Gene Cafe Roaster, and after all the wiping, dred it out by running it in the roaster, man, it was so tempting to roast up a batch of beans! Grin

Jump to Forum: