Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
AlpenGrill Roaster
Coffeenut
Here?s a snapshot (zoomed portion) of the log showing the gas valve settings area:
Coffeenut attached the following image:
RoastLog1[289].jpg

Coffeenut
Pic of the two gas control valves on my grill and my rudimentary markings as reference points.
Valves[290].jpg

Coffeenut
Well, that about does it. I hope this will be of use to someone in building and using their own grill-roaster. It truly has been the best coffee roaster I?ve owned and my weekly favorite to use. Happy roasting to you all!

Rick Waits

Disclaimer: Coffee roasting on a gas grill is a very rewarding endeavor when done safely. The process does involve high heat, combustible fuel and the potential risk for serious injury. The coffee roaster information contained in this entry is for informational use only. Any person using this information to build a coffee roaster uses it at their own risk and they accept sole responsibility for any potential damage or injury that may result.
Roast[291].jpg

Mike
Exceptionally thorough treatise on your roaster. I have an old Alp that is still working as a back up (if I have trouble with my primary roaster). If and when the Alp gives up the ghost this will be an extremely helpful thread. After the contest, we should talk about turning this into a permanent article for the site.

Mike
B)

Dan
Thanks for your entry! Dan

Coffeenut
Dan and Mike,

Glad to help out and add to this great list of roasters. I've been out of town for several weeks and just didn't have time to get mine done. Please feel free to use this submission as you see fit in the future.

Rick

seedlings
Awesome in function, form and presentation! Thanks for showing us!

CHAD

ginny
Rick:

Really nice grill roaster. Your directions and presentation make it easy for someone to be able to make a great drum roaster.

Your photo's are excellent. GREAT entry. Thanks and good luck.

ginny

s:8s:8s:8

EddieDove
Rick,

Excellent job presenting all the details including photos of various parts and tools used; a very well-written presentation. s:2s:1s:2s:1s:2

Just as soon as I have the time, I will be adding flashing to my grill as you have yours. Great idea of supporting the upper flashing with the copper tubing.
Respectfully,

Eddie Dove

The South Coast Coffee Roaster
vita non est vivere sed valere vita est
Home Coffee Roasting Blog and Reference
http://southcoast...gspot.com/

Jump to Forum: