Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hamilton Beach "Cappuccino Plus"
Cracked Bean
Hi Roasters and Brewers,
In your experience how well does this kitchen machine brew? My father in law loved it. Mother in law didn't. I failed to produce tasty coffee. It looks nice and even comes with a CD :)
Our friend's son is a newly employed barista at a local shop. Would this machine at his home be of use for practice do you think?
Found priced $40-$100 new and used.
Thank you for looking.
Cracked Bean
Cracked Bean attached the following image:
temp_hb_cappuccino.jpg

I must have a Cracked Bean to be roasing my own coffee!

ciel-007
If you?re thinking about buying a machine that?s capable of delivering great espressos and cappuccinos in a consistent manner, may I suggest that you consider one with the E61 Group Head?

Here's a link that shows many of the machines that feature the E61.

http://temesblog....hines.html
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK?NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

Cracked Bean
E61? Oh boy, I have some reading catch up with you all. I've neglected your coffee forum for too long. Thanks CIEL 007.

jkoll42
Please don't buy that. There are a multitude of reasons, but without a better machine and good grinder you are much better off drinking good homeroasted beans from a pourover, french press or autodrip setup. Even if you have a capable grinder (not sure since I didn't see that info in your profile) there are better machine choices that would at least get you real espresso.

As far as the friends son goes, he would be infinitely better off just talking to the owner and asking if he could practice before or after hours on their commercial machines. Completely and utterly different experience Commercial v. that machine.

All this said - it's very cool you are thinking of trying to help out yo're friends son. Heart is in the right place but that machine is in a different place roar

Please don't :naughty-gif:
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

Cracked Bean
OK Gang, thanks for the opinions. Goodwill can have the machine. I'll just pass along some home roasted beans to show the new barista it can be done - sometimes done well.
You all are an inspiration to me. So far, I've sometimes roasted in Poppery and Bread Machine / Heat gun. Roasting on a cast iron pan in the kitchen caused a ruckus for sure. I did have to pretend to be a just dumb guy and of course not up to standards. (Lord, that was funny smoking up the house.)
Thanks again, Cracked

jkoll42
lol - wish I could have witnessed the smoking of the house! When I started it was a poppery I under an apartment vent hood and also smoked up the place pretty good!
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

Jump to Forum: