Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Beginner
Nrothrock
Hi everyone :)

I am newbie to roasting but soooo excited to get my roaster and roast my first batch this weekend. I purchased the Gene Roaster, and have been reading all weekend. My mind races as I read all the different settings and all the coffees available I have never heard of. I have added many new words to my vocabulary and love the science that comes with this new adventure.

Looking for a challenge and gaining new knowledge. I have enjoyed the many blogs and have to say thanks to all the people that share.

I will keep you posted of my roasts and look to gain knowledge from the many with so much knowledge.

Excited!!!!!
Nancy
:smiley-2696.gif:
Nancy Rothrock

JackH
Welcome Nancy! The Gene Cafe is a nice roaster to work with.

Please post any questions here if you have any difficulty, we have a large section on the Gene Cafe and there are many here that can help.

Thanks for joining and enjoy the roaster!

Jack
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

ginny
Welcome

Nancy:
you will love your Gene Cafe...

it is a great roaster and once you have done a couple of roasts you will feel like an old hand at roasting.

the one thing to remember is not to beat yourself up if the first couple of roasts are not what you expected.

remember that when you stop the roaster the beans still roast because of their internal temp, so quit your roast a couple of minutes before you think it is ready. you will catch on very quickly.

please sen pictures and post often...

ginny

Jump to Forum: