Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
SR500 on the blink
So my first SR500 lasted quite a while and I got tons of good roasts out of it but then the Up-Arrow ( timer ) button went on the blink. I bought another used SR500 that was in excellent shape however it won't get up over 430 degrees and into second crack. My original SR500 well heck I could reach first crack on low and then shove up to medium and finally high for the last minute or so as it reached into second crack.

Wondering how I can get my 'new' SR500 to reach those temps, or is there anyone on-board here that has a SR500 sitting around you don't use anymore? I just need the base.
It's bad luck to be superstitious

renatoa
Is that button so difficult to replace/repair ?
As I seen in the chinese SR clones, they are of a standard type, that can be found in electronic shops, as attached image.
renatoa attached the following image:
image_2024-03-02_111759150.png

Ben N
You could convert it to TC4+... that's what I did with my sr700.

I just looked at the control board from my sr700, the boards are different but the switches are probably the same. If you want take a pic of your switch board. If they appear the same you can PM me your address and I will desolder a couple of these switches and mail them to you.
Edited by Ben N on 03/02/2024 9:42 AM

renatoa wrote:

As I seen in the chinese SR clones, they are of a standard type, that can be found in electronic shops, as attached image.

Just found a place and bought a 2 pack ( .89 for a pack of 2 )... !
Edited by renatoa on 03/07/2024 5:32 AM

Ben N wrote:

You could convert it to TC4+... that's what I did with my sr700.

I just looked at the control board from my sr700, the boards are different but the switches are probably the same. If you want take a pic of your switch board. If they appear the same you can PM me your address and I will desolder a couple of these switches and mail them to you.

Thanks for the offer, but I locally found the switches for real cheap ( less than a dollar for 2 ).
My son has a solder kit I may let him have a hand at it.

Meanwhile I'll use the back-up SR500 - been drinking some bad-azz cups with my new Breville Barista Express...
Didn't know what I was missing until I started pulling shots out of that thing - WOW.

renatoa

8675309 wrote:

renatoa wrote:

Forgot to warn you about the importance of the "button" height... it's critical to match yours.
There are a lot of sizes, at least 15, as you can see attached.
~~~
renatoa attached the following image:
image_2024-03-07_132803117.png

renatoa wrote:

8675309 wrote:

renatoa wrote:

Forgot to warn you about the importance of the "button" height... it's critical to match yours.
There are a lot of sizes, at least 15, as you can see attached.
~~~

You are corrrrrrrrrrrrrrect sir. On my older unit the 'cover' came off where the button was housed and I
ended up using a tooth-pic to do the pressing. I can tell the replacement part will come up short but I'll
just use a tooth-pic, or a good-used chop-stick to do the pressing.

My daughters boyfriend got an SR800 for Xmas. When I visit there I'm gonna check it out and help him
with his roasts and see if that one can do what my old SR500 can do as far as heat is concerned.

Jump to Forum: