Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Coffee Stashes! Photos please.
Dan
Here is my stash area, now well over 100 pounds. OK, I showed you mine, show me yours! ;) Dan
Dan attached the following image:
ventilator.jpg

Edited by Dan on 01/03/2009 12:12 PM

dBndbit
Here's my humble stash of humble beans... home-made cloth bags in plastic bins with air space. About 70-80# at the moment, high for me. The plastic bags in the lower right are a recent shipment for short-term use. A couple of the cloth-bag beans are more than a year old and still tasting just fine. My roasters are in an adjacent room.
dBndbit attached the following image:
Stash2a[1066].jpg

Edited by dBndbit on 08/22/2008 8:27 PM
Jim
11 years old... forever!
ReeferDoor.com
>home-built roasters and fair trade

EddieDove
The stash is in three locations:

Location 1: The Coffee Cupboard which is where the fresh roasted is store too.
EddieDove attached the following image:
eddie_coffee_cupboard_500_1.jpg

Edited by EddieDove on 01/03/2009 12:16 PM
Respectfully,

Eddie Dove

The South Coast Coffee Roaster
vita non est vivere sed valere vita est
Home Coffee Roasting Blog and Reference
http://southcoast...gspot.com/

EddieDove
The second location is for bulk storage:
eddie_cedar_chest_500_1.jpg

Edited by EddieDove on 01/03/2009 12:18 PM
Respectfully,

Eddie Dove

EddieDove
I am scouting more coffee stash locations, but the third location is multipurpose ...
eddie_hurricane_preparedness_500_1_1.jpg

Edited by EddieDove on 01/03/2009 12:19 PM
Respectfully,

Eddie Dove

seedlings
Eddie, you're great! MREs! Hurricane preparedness! You've actually prepared for the entire south coast!

Here's my 15lb ish stash... Actually it was over 15 when the poll first went up, but it's dwindled... A few of us are still "home" roasters!
GrinGrinGrin

CHAD
seedlings attached the following image:
Stash[1070].jpg

Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

farmroast
This is my vault. The freezer does not work but at least keeps constant conditions. I also have 30-40lbs in a bottom kitchen cabinet. The jars have been vacuum packed with a foodsaver.
farm
farmroast attached the following image:
stash-greens[1071].jpg

Edited by farmroast on 08/24/2008 10:32 AM
Ed B.
DreamRoast 1kg roaster, Levers, Hand Mills http://coffee-roa...gspot.com/

EddieDove
Ed,

Just how much is that in poundage?
Respectfully,

Eddie Dove

farmroast

EddieDove wrote:
Ed,

Just how much is that in poundage?

Hi Eddie
The quarts hold 1.5lb and the half gallons are 3lbs. (not all are full)I used to keep track of the total but found it not really that important. What you see is about 200lbs. With about 30 additional lbs in my cabinet. Generally my total is between 125-225lbs. I tend to buy when a coffee arrives and is fresh and pack away instead of continuing to buy a crop during the year. This time of the year is when my totals are at the peak with seasonal purchases. I've been trying to keep a bit of a vintage collection within the stash to see the effects of aging and to occasionally be able to try various vintages from a same estate or area.
best regards,
Ed
Edited by farmroast on 08/26/2008 11:26 AM
Ed B.

seedlings
Ed, you've just crushed the market supply/demand curve for broken freezers. I want one.

Do you keep track of temp/humidity in there? All your coffee is in mason jars, so it a mute issue...

CHAD
Edited by seedlings on 08/26/2008 12:44 PM

redzone
You guys are all mental, so pleased I joined. When I get back on my own PC I'll post a pick. Just gave my brother 13kg to get him started so down to 71kg give or take !

seedlings

redzone wrote:
You guys are all mental, so pleased I joined. When I get back on my own PC I'll post a pick. Just gave my brother 13kg to get him started so down to 71kg give or take !

I see you use preground, freeze-dried, vacuum packed Folgers to ensure freshness!

s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8

Warmest welcomes, redzone! Let us see how many "kilos" you have!

CHAD
Edited by seedlings on 09/17/2008 7:56 AM

redzone
Chad if it has a 3 year use by date it must be fresh Grin

71kg or 156lb for my US friends.

I was getting most from Sweet Marias and Roastmasters and a little from Evil bay, but I now mainly support www.coffeesnobs.com.au so hence the 5kg or 11lb bags.

Cheers

Chris;)
redzone attached the following image:
P1040057_1_1[1083].jpg

- VBM SL (w) temp - Compak W10 - 1kg Corretto Roaster - Naked PF (w) J Farino Handle - Synesso D/Basket - Pullman Barista Tamper - Many Syphons & Pour Overs

farmroast
Welcome Chris
I like the coffeesnobs bags! Great group on CS.
coffee cheers,
Ed
Ed B.

redzone
FarmRoast that freezer of yours is a true thing of "BEAUTY".
Thanks for the welcome I see some familiar names here !

Chris
- VBM SL (w) temp - Compak W10 - 1kg Corretto Roaster - Naked PF (w) J Farino Handle - Synesso D/Basket - Pullman Barista Tamper - Many Syphons & Pour Overs

John Despres
Here's my stash. Vacuum packed into 227 gram batches. Yes, the humidor is now just a nice cabinet. The crates are simply a piece of ply at the ends and 1/4" ply on the base & sides. Each crate holds just over 5 pounds packaged this way. The stash is roughly 145 pounds and will increase another 25 pounds next UPS delivery.

All my favorite coffees are in the cabinet and are, of course, on the top shelf. Most of those faves are small lots by now, there's a little Aussi Mtn. Top, two batches of Aida's Grand Reserve, some Kona and a few other.
John Despres attached the following image:
v1dsc_1001.jpg

Edited by John Despres on 01/04/2009 9:05 AM
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

John Despres
Another view...
John Despres attached the following image:
v2dsc_1003.jpg

Edited by John Despres on 01/04/2009 9:00 AM
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

Kaffee Bitte

John Despres wrote:
All my favorite coffees are in the cabinet and are, of course, on the top shelf. Most of those faves are small lots by now, there's a little Aussi Mtn. Top, two batches of Aida's Grand Reserve, some Kona and a few other.

Seeing your stash actually makes me a bit jealous John!!! I get to taste a very large number of coffees but I rarely get to fully enjoy the hell out of one truly beloved coffee. It is usually a pound or two for myself and the rest goes to customers. Overall this is a great system, but those truly amazing coffees leave my stores so RAPIDLY!!!!!!

DROOLING despite having at least as much coffee stashed presently.
Lynn

"Some days it's spice, other days it's bitter dirt."

John Despres
I know exactly what you mean, Lynn. I have a few customers, and this is for them as well as me.

I try to make it clear these are seasonal coffees and will run out one day. And I get the last couple batches for my own brewer.

That said, when I find a favorite, I'll order up more and roast as much for myself as I like. But here's the problem; as I get better at roasting and brewing, they're all top shelf.

My customers don't know what I have until I taste it and tell 'em about it, which gives me time to order a bit more for my personal uses. I have about 40 varietal in the stash and offer 30 to my small list. Most of them (here's the best part!!!) don't have the patience to go through the list and make choices, so they order roaster's choice, and I control my stash!

The stash system is mostly for organization. I want to reach for what I want and put my hand on in. I hate digging to the bottom of a pile for something. Also, this allows pretty quick inventory assessment. Besides, I think it looks pretty cool, too.
Edited by John Despres on 10/26/2008 9:25 AM
Respect the bean.
John Despres

seedlings
WShockW

John, that's a crazy sweet stash! Is it insured?

CHAD

John Despres
I tried insuring it against extreme heat and moisture, but my agent told me it'd be insurance fraud if I filed very time I brewed a cup...

s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8
Edited by John Despres on 10/28/2008 5:40 AM
Respect the bean.
John Despres

cfsheridan
More necromancy....I am due for an inventory tomorrow--I'll post some pics that I take along the way. I hope the number hasn't grown too much from the last shock two months ago...

BoldJava

Anchor Chad wrote:
More necromancy....I am due for an inventory tomorrow--I'll post some pics that I take along the way. I hope the number hasn't grown too much from the last shock two months ago...

Oh, I know how this is going to looooooook. What did you distribute in 2008, 6.0 tons of greens?

I am working my stash down to a manageable level. Those Dale Ethiopians and Sumatran I bought from you are the only beans I have purchased since May.

Got to roast some old Nono Crespi (last of it) and then some Mysore Nuggets and Yemens for a blend. I call it my Mokha Mumba (i).

Dave
Edited by BoldJava on 01/03/2009 5:40 AM
http://sidewalkmy...
Dave Borton
Milwaukee, WI

cfsheridan

BoldJava wrote:

Anchor Chad wrote:

Oh, I know how this is going to looooooook. What did you distribute in 2008, 6.0 tons of greens?

I am working my stash down to a manageable level. Those Dale Ethiopians and Sumatran I bought from you are the only beans I have purchased since May.

Got to roast some old Nono Crespi (last of it) and then some Mysore Nuggets and Yemens for a blend. I call it my Mokha Mumba (i).

Dave

Now, this is just MY stash--though I will inventory the rest, too.

I've not been buying (much) for me since then. Hoping that the number has not grown too much.

cfsheridan
Inventory complete.
Continued growth, unfortunately.

In September, the stash tally was about 517# (I recalculated it today based on finally getting all the paper inventory into the computer).

I'm now up to 585#, and that's with no purchases from Sweet Maria's since June. Distributing coffee is bad for stash growth (as is the finding of Mercanta beans by Larry).

I think it might be time for sample pack offer. Anyone interested?

Oh yeah, I promised a picture.
cfsheridan attached the following image:
stash1.jpg

Edited by cfsheridan on 01/03/2009 5:33 PM

Jump to Forum: