Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Your ideal cup...
ajrunningbiking
This is a great thread!!

I 100% support the diner coffee cup as being the perfect vessel to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

I guess I would have to say espresso as number 1, enjoyed a couple shots of Rwanda this morning!!! There is a tie for number 2, pour over and french press.

bud
Right now 7/11 extra bold!

bud
"the beer was very cold and wonderful to drink"

brew with old perc

John Despres

bud wrote:

Right now 7/11 extra bold!

bud

With a Starbucks logo as avatar? Drinking 7/11? Funny first post, Bud!

Roflmao
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

ginny
Yeah John, my brother, the test subject, thought it was a gas!!

g

John Despres
HA!!! I thought you were involved... Just sent a PM.

Roflmao
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

allenb
Ah, fond memories of those special 7/11 waxed paper cups with the specially contoured top lip. While the wax stayed intact it was a joyous sipping experience even at 205 F out of the bubbling/steaming glass pot!ThumbsUp

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

oldgearhead
Favorite cup? Well mine of course.
..and that's not your wimpy MrCoffee cup warmer either...
oldgearhead attached the following image:
dsc_3626.jpg

No oil on my beans...

jkoll42
Well, it looks like the threadjack with cool coffeecups has already begun, so I will keep it rolling with my three absolute favorites smile

My OE inker crow cup
farm8.staticflickr.com/7046/6894095240_2a32f11ff6_z.jpg

My Illy Anish Kapoor
farm8.staticflickr.com/7045/7040192287_1f129aff7d_z.jpg

And last but not least my Smokey Bear disappearing ink cup. First cold, then hot. Makes it bearable to get into work each morning!

farm8.staticflickr.com/7111/7040192455_7c132d4299_z.jpg
farm8.staticflickr.com/7046/6894095574_4c1845c1cd_z.jpg
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

ginny
LOVE the crow cup, color is way cool.

ginnyGrin

bud
espresso for me when I can use my sister's machine.

otherwise I use an old camp coffee pot, it is like an old percolator.

bud
"the beer was very cold and wonderful to drink"

brew with old perc

ciel-007

I usually have 2 cafe cremas every am...

Making a great cup of coffee is no easy task, and the excellence of the drink one enjoys depends on many factors.

1) It all starts with the correct blend of coffee beans,
2) followed by proper bean roasting,
3) followed by proper bean grinding,
4) and ending with proper coffee extraction.

There are many coffee extraction processes ( boiling, steeping, filtration, pressure?) and I have tried just about every extraction method at one time or another. Once coffee bean blending, roasting and grinding have been optimized, the absolute best coffee extraction is produced by a high quality espresso machine. There are many ways of serving an espresso based drink; however, once you?ve discovered your favorite espresso drink, you may never wish to return to any other previous extraction method.
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK?NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

Dan
My long-time favorite cup is this Dot Mug in the Lingt-Stymeist Colorways line, which was made in many color combinations. The thumb rest makes holding a heavy mug easy and keeps your fingers away from the hot bowl. They also have demitasse and tea cups, but without the dot.
Dan attached the following image:
thumbmug.jpg

Lawnmowerman
This may be a throwback from days of recent past when i would only drink maxwell house 100 0/0 columbian and believed that if you could see the light of day through my coffee then it wasnt strong enough, but my favorite cup will always be my arcoroc clear glass mug. I pour in about an inch only from an insulated cup, so thermal losses are not a concern. I used to have 5 of these but now only 2.
Lawnmowerman attached the following image:
0527121014a.jpg

Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

DaveG
[quote]milowebailey wrote:

Vacuum Pot... hands down

I second the vacuum pot. Nothing better for me.
Yama & Gene cafe

crlssctt
I picked drip for the lack of a pour over option. I love! my chemed cup, especially now that properly measuring and duplicating results

I enjoy espresso on occasion, but for a full sensory experience, pour over for me, I enjoy the mechanical and scientific aspect of weighing, logging, experimenting, and sampling. Grinding, blooming, and smelling each varietal (I quit smoking about five months ago, so smells are greatly appreciated)

shsesc
I'll answer both...

I use an Aeropress most of the time (I'm the only coffee drinker in the house) which I find gives good results and gives ultimate control over all the variables while introducing some of it's own. (If you can't tell by now, I'm a bit scientific about this and I like to keep notes of my tasting and how I brewed that cup. I label all my jarred roasts so I can refer back to roasting notes while tasting.)

I have an 8 cup vacuum pot for crowds or times when I want more than a few cups or when I want to try a roast a different way.

I have a Handpresso, which I haven't been too successful with, it was a gift and I got the intense portafilter myself, but I think I grind too fine when using it because my draw is REALLY slow no matter which portafilter I use, but when I grind any coarser it draws really fast and thin.

I have not tried my home roasted coffee through my drip machine that I used to brew store bought coffee.

Side note, another gift, the Zassenhaus Turkish mill works great for my frequent travel. I take the Aeropress and the the mill and a jar of beans in a little bag and I just have to find hot water. If I bring a bottle of water I just need a microwave. It beats pre-grinding or drinking bought coffee. :I'm spoiled now:

Jazz hands for no reason...jazzyhands... other than it's 3AM

I don't have a photo, but my favorite cup is very new, my wife just bought me a mug with a photo of our son and a picture of the two of them togethe on it. It's white, so I can see the color of the coffee (our regular mugs are brown inside blue outside) It's 15 oz.

snwcmpr
I don't have a fav. Technivorm is the daily brew. But pour-over is the best. Chemex 6-cup and Hario for single mug. I have been doing very well with a Bialetti, 3 different sizes, and I have been experimenting with percolators. The La Pavoni lever machine comes out once in a while.

Of note, a 1910 Manning-Bowman alcohol chafing dish stove and a matching 64 oz 1910 Manning-Bowman percolator made an excellent cup on the camping trip. About 10 coffee drinkers shared Royal Coffee Company Ethiopian gotten recently from the bulk buy notice. The alcohol stove could simmer well enough to slowly brew a fine elixir, once I got the amount and grind right.

Like I said, I don't have a fav, just the one in front of me.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

tiopaeng
2 Lungo espresso with cream using a bodum double wall cup.

Tiopaeng

Jump to Forum: