Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Takin' It To The Street
ginny
gotta ask, what dd ya pop for the bus scott?

-g

JETROASTER
The truckster; 2900.00$ The ambulance 2000.00$
The ambulance is a freakin' monster! -Scott

ginny
tamarian, great setup, WOW, is that yours?

ginny

was not sure
cool

tamarian

ginny wrote:

tamarian, great setup, WOW, is that yours?

No, but I wouldn't mind having it, or just the speedster, or even a single group speedster smile
Wa'il. 1 Kg PID'ed gas-fired fluid bed roaster, GS/3MPS, K10F

ginny
I want that ambulance, it looks huge, gotta love it.

-g

rockon

JETROASTER
Tough to beat for a utility vehicle. As a brand spankin' new purchase in 1989, that vehicle cost someone around 65,000.00$ !!!!

The work compartment is all aluminum, stainless and vinyl, with alot of enclosed lighting. Very sanitary and easy to clean.

Still hoping to find a well built leaf blower. Any ideas out there? Echo? Stihl? -Scott

John Despres
There's always this, Scott!

http://www.huffin...76958.html

You'd want to make your own pods, though, I think.
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

ginny
very cool Scott, love them wheels...

-g
rockon

Lawnmowerman
Gas leaf blower? As far as i know, they all direct the exhaust flow in the same direction as the blower airflow. I have pondered over using gasoline equipment to roast but i dont think i could ever muster up the courage to try it. I would suggest buying the bottom of the line to try it out first. They start at 150 and they can get pretty expensive. So if this hasnt been tried you could learn what works with a cheap one. I owned a stihl handheld blower and wasnt that happy with it. Didnt last. Try husquvarna. And if your state puts mtbe in the gas, buy a replacement carburater. 31 bucks only. Really? Gas? Id love to see that!
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

JETROASTER
Well, it looks like we can't use cell phones in our cars....but pulling a shot is OK! Love it!
Lawnmowerman,
The gas blower thing; I've tried some small ones of various types. Aside from quality, I'm looking for whichever gives me the correct fan design.
The vast majority do not have enough pressure.
I'm looking for the fan type 'B'... I'll go with 'C' if need be, but 'A' is of no value for this job. -Scott
JETROASTER attached the following image:
fans.jpg

Lawnmowerman
The husquvarna i have has an impeller like that in picture3. As for quality, they are all about the same for what you pay. Pay more and you get better quality at least thats what the repairman told me and he was wearing a salesman hat that day so who knows? Just wondering. Have you considered purchasing a 2000 w inverter and just going with a vacuum motor?
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

Dan
Impeller types b and c will develop more pressure than squirrel-cage types (a). When it comes to impellers, generally speaking, rpm and diameter determine resulting pressure. Height of the vanes determines resulting volume. Enclosed vanes are more efficient and produce slightly higher pressure than open impellers, that's why you see them on vacuum motors.

JETROASTER

Lawnmowerman wrote:

Have you considered purchasing a 2000 w inverter and just going with a vacuum motor?

Yes and no. The regular vacuum blower will be installed in the same compartment as the gas blower.
2 blowers to choose from based on where I'm at. Regular blower while on shore-power, gas blower while....deployed.

So, an inverter could run the regular blower. The truck has 2 batteries, and I already bought an inverter. It is true sine wave, but it only puts outs out 4amps. I don't mind getting a larger one, they are relatively cheap.
Obviously, the truck would need to be running, but I don't mind having that additional option.
How much juice can I pull off an inverter without sucking my batteries dry? -Scott

JETROASTER
I've spent a little time getting this truck ready for it's new life.
Step one was to get the packaging equipment onboard to see how things might workout.
'Compact' is a word that comes to mind!
After moving things around and experimenting with various configurations, I have arrived at a plan;
Two commercial grinders are mounted on a rolling cart, positioned in the rear of the space.
Heat sealers ,scales , and doser are positioned on a workbench, 8 " above the cot-support.
Packaging supplies are in the storage bins. Add 1 retro swivel chair and presto!....a nice little work station.
Looking toward the front of the compartment, next to the jumpseat, is the future location of the roaster. This 'closet' is accessible from outside the truck. Once the roaster is built in, the operator will have a few control knobs, switches, a discharge port(roasted beans) and an intake port(green beans).
I had originally wanted the roaster to be removable, but if it's mounted into the closet, that works for me. All the other stuff rolls out of the rear of the truck for cleaning or whatever.
The initial setup and tryout was a bit tedious, but so far, it looks like there is enough room for both the packaging and roasting work stations. It's also large enough for 2 people to work at the same time.

That's the update. Once I'm happy with the setup, I'll post the 'after' pics.
-Scott
JETROASTER attached the following images:
storage_wall.jpg action_wall.jpg

JETROASTER
Looking toward the back of the compartment...from the jumpseat. The packaging station is compact but very effective. I like the way it functions, so now it's time to wrap up some of the details. The remaining vinyl will be removed from the cot-support , getting replaced with hard surface. Some electrical needs to be added to that wall, plus some little details.
Once the roaster is built in, this set-up will cut my man-hours in half !

Less work = more Tiki tiki -Scott
JETROASTER attached the following images:
wrk_st.jpg stow.jpg

coffeeroastersclub

freshbeans wrote:

Looking toward the back of the compartment...from the jumpseat. The packaging station is compact but very effective. I like the way it functions, so now it's time to wrap up some of the details. The remaining vinyl will be removed from the cot-support , getting replaced with hard surface. Some electrical needs to be added to that wall, plus some little details.
Once the roaster is built in, this set-up will cut my man-hours in half !

Less work = more Tiki tiki -Scott

Scott, are you going to use this setup at fairs, etc. to sell coffee? Maybe park it during lunch hours at a business district?

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

JETROASTER
CRC, yes, but that is part 2.
Part 1 is to get the roasting and packaging consolidated into one tidy location....make my life a bit easier....cut the man-hours...keep the wholesale customers happy. For that task, it can remain in the warehouse.
Part 2 will be the retail. All that packaging stuff rolls out the back. The intent is to create retail 'modules' that roll in. That would include all the brewing and dispensing equipment.
I already have all the stuff, I'm just not ready to go there yet!
Ideally, the retail part would be up and acid tested by July........ideally.

I call it J.T.R. (Java Tactical Response) Grin
-Scott

coffeeroastersclub

freshbeans wrote:

CRC, yes, but that is part 2.
Part 1 is to get the roasting and packaging consolidated into one tidy location....make my life a bit easier....cut the man-hours...keep the wholesale customers happy. For that task, it can remain in the warehouse.
Part 2 will be the retail. All that packaging stuff rolls out the back. The intent is to create retail 'modules' that roll in. That would include all the brewing and dispensing equipment.
I already have all the stuff, I'm just not ready to go there yet!
Ideally, the retail part would be up and acid tested by July........ideally.

I call it J.T.R. (Java Tactical Response) Grin
-Scott

"JTR". Sounds like lingo from my fav show "24". You'll need to set up protocals for the advance teams.

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

Jump to Forum: