Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Aug/Sept Roast Comparison
Unta
I have randy and ginny offerings in also. Ginny is winning the packaging contest..
Sean Harrington
educate.

seedlings

Unta wrote:
I have randy and ginny offerings in also. Ginny is winning the packaging contest..

I will lose the packaging contest, but hopefully not fail it completely. What time is it..? Oh, it's only 5:08pm. Mail won't be here for another hour or so to see what I have waiting.

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

randytsuch

Unta wrote:

At least did my beans arrive in tact?

Last time, I shipped in a standard envelope, and the beans got crushed along the way.

Randy

Unta
randy...all the beans are good, you just didnt send them in a soft red velvety pouch.. smile
sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

allenb
Ginny's Santa bag arrived in the mailbox today. Sure smells like a good roast!

Somebody went all out with the packaging.ThumbsUp

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

seedlings
Santa Ginny strikes Missouri!

CHAD

John Despres
i got nothing...
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

JETROASTER
Sean, Allen and Rama beans are in the house Thanks -Scott
Edited by JETROASTER on 09/23/2010 3:19 PM

stoneguard
Just watching the posts makes me excited about the next time this is done. Sounds like a lot of fun, and looking forward to reading the results.

rama
Catching up on this thread....

I received Ginny's well packaged sampler yesterday- thanks. I suspect there will be some other(s) waiting for me when I return tonight, and plan on doing the cupping Saturday afternoon so as not to subject the beans to additional aging.

Mine went out the morning of 9/21, and the USPS said the targeted arrival dates for everyone would be no *later* than this Friday. Only sent 10-12g to everyone- wasn't expecting anyone would want to repeat the tasting experiment... ah well.

As for John's culling question, yes, I culled heavily both before and after the roast. Lots of broken beans, underripe, quakers, and even insect damage. None of that will improve the cup, and should have been removed in Ethiopia, IMHO.

ginny
Hi all:

I got Randy's today.

Hopefully I will get rest by Saturday and I will taste/cup on Sunday.

As far as my beans go the longer the rest the better as far as I am concerned; since you have an extra sample try one right away and try the other later.

ginny

ginny
John:

Dear One,

you got nothing?

you live where???

in the USA??

oh there!!!
ok,

ginnyShock

seedlings
Got RandyT sample. Man, how'd you ship for only $1.01? In a padded envelope? Fantastic.

CHAD

Unta
i have everyones except johns... CHAD rolled the dice..
Sean Harrington
educate.

Unta
i very well might have the ugliest beans of them all...:eye-popping:
Sean Harrington
educate.

randytsuch

seedlings wrote:
Got RandyT sample. Man, how'd you ship for only $1.01? In a padded envelope? Fantastic.

CHAD

I went to the USPS, and said I want to ship this 1st class. That's what they came up with for the charge.

And, let me do some counting here.

I have ZERO samples so far. OK, I have one, but it's mine.
That was as of yesterday, hoping for goodies in the mail today.

Randy

seedlings

Unta wrote:
i have everyones except johns... CHAD rolled the dice..

You get mine Sean? That's how I shipped them last time and mine were among the few that arrived safely.

CHAD

Unta
Sure did CHAD..all beans intact.
Sean Harrington
educate.

allenb
So far I have:

Ginny
Rama
Sean
Scott
Chad

I'll be cupping on Saturday assuming all will arrive by then.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

rama
Chad, Scott, and Sean's arrived in good shape tonight (in addition to Ginny's from yesterday).

Thanks Sean and Scott for the generous portions! Very jealous of your (assumed) roasters that can handle more than ~7oz at a time.

Sean- what's the mystery bonus coffee?

Scott- very cool foil stamp! You make those yourself?

Unta
sidamo guji..1/2 lb

give it a run or two..
sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

John Despres
Everyone's samples arrived yesterday except CHAD's.

Trying Seans Sidamo this morning.

f-u-n FUN!

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

John Despres

Unta wrote:
i very well might have the ugliest beans of them all...:eye-popping:

Mine are pretty ugly, too... I roasted very light. I think this truly is a FC+ coffee...

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres

John Despres
Thanks, Sean!

Once I read what it was here, I was excited to try it. Good thing I looked first... Almost ground the greens...

Guess I'll roast it first...

John
Edited by John Despres on 09/24/2010 7:45 AM
Respect the bean.
John Despres

seedlings

John Despres wrote:
Mine are pretty ugly, too... I roasted very light. I think this truly is a FC+ coffee...

John

What do you mean by "FC+"?

CHAD

Jump to Forum: