Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Oct/Nov 2010 Roast Comparison
Unta
intertrnet is down here in the woods. Can check only with a trip to the big city. call me or send a letter, It like its 1989 out here...YIKES!
sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

JETROASTER
So far I have;
Freshbeans/myself
Unta/Sean
Rama (depending on bean)
Jimbo
Stoneguard/Phil
scarter11
...Ginny?
Via PM ,please send shipping info. This will be put together for a list that all will recieve.
Thanks,-Scott

JETROASTER

ginny wrote:
I have some beans. Let's rock and roll.

ginny

any interested let us know.:P

Tell us more about these beans please! -Scott

rama

freshbeans wrote:

Tell us more about these beans please! -Scott

+1! Please not another dry processed. ;)

JETROASTER
....And then there were 6.
Due to unexpected events, Ginny will be side-tracked for a bit.
Those that are still in the game; I have a WP Dominican,
or an FTO Sumatran that we can work with.
If anyone has a bean they'd like to work with instead, throw it in the ring.

Considering the date, we should move quick or reschedule.

I still need people to confirm by PM with a shipping address. I've got 2 already.

I'll set a drop-dead for the 22nd. If we confirm 5, I'll continue, if not, we'll kick one off after the holidays instead.

Cheers -Scott

Woodie
I'm new here but I'm game. Been roasting for a few months now and gone through about 20 lbs.

stoneguard
The Dominican gets my vote, mainly because I have not roasted any before. If we wait until after the holidays, I am ok with that. It will give me more time to continue my roasts Grin.

Unta
have a WP guatemalen and also the dreaded DP sidamo guji. though a call to Royal could net us almost anything in pretty short order.
sean

Sean Harrington
educate.

JETROASTER
On Friday ,we make the final call. ...If waiting til after the holidays makes it more productive overall, then that's probably the best bet. -Scott

Jimbo
Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to swing it. My boss wants me to work. Imagine that. I'm having a hard enough time finding the time to roast for my wife and me. And she gets grumpy if she has to go out and buy roasted beans.

And everyone knows, if she's not happy, no one's happy.

I really want to do this, though, because I will learn a lot. And it will be fun. Hopefully after the first. (Like it's going to slow down at work.)

Jimbo.

JETROASTER
ATTENTION !
The Oct/Nov Roast Comparison is postponed.
This thread will be abandoned as we create a new one for the Jan/Feb Roast Comparison 2011.

To simplify matters a bit, let's look at inventory at SM, or any vendor that people feel good about.
We can avoid the added task of someone having to distribute, and broaden our choices as well.
After some input from participants, we'll choose the bean, and move on from there.

So start thinking of beans, ...see you on another thread -Scott

Jump to Forum: