Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Primo Roasters
joelk00
Hello,
I would like to hear from anyone who has had experience with these roasters. I have seen a few on ebay recently that have been priced very nicely. I am in the market for a 2-5 kg. roaster and looking at different used options. I would love to hear from anyone with experience.

Thanks
Joel

allenb
Don't have any direct roasting experience with Primo but have seen them in operation and discussed their reliability with Primo users/owners.

Build quality is top notch, very robust. They use infrared burners like Deidrich (Dion Humpreys used to work for Deidrich). The infrared burners apply heat to the drum, not like infrared direct to coffee. It is claimed they have higher burner efficiency compared to conventional burners.

The only complaint I've ever heard is from some stating they would have liked more control over air flow but the person I knew using one never had that complaint.

Dion is very approachable and customer service is rated high by all I've spoken to. I've once asked for a manual on one of their larger machines for a friend and he immediately threw one in the mail at no charge.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

allenb
One more thing about the Primo is many replacement parts can be had from your local Graingers since most of the design uses off the shelf parts instead of the usual, annoying OEM parts.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

joelk00
Thanks for the reply Allen! I have seen a couple of 5k machines selling on ebay in the past few months for the same price as some of the 2k-3k machines from Ambex and Diedrich. Obviously a big investment so saving a couple $K would be nice if you don't have to sacrifice quality.

Any other info from others is welcome and appreciated!

Regards,
Joel

renatoa
They announced new 3 and 5 kg models:
https://www.primo...esis-xr3-1
https://www.primo...nger-xr5-1

Jump to Forum: