Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
El Salvador Honey Processed!
smatty1
Anyone tried these yet? http://www.burman...vador.html

Edited by Unta- Made link clickable
Edited by Unta on 11/02/2011 9:21 PM

Unta
This is what I'm picking up next week. From what is coming from the supplier, they are really nice. Though they have ALOT in house(over 500 bags from the spring harvest). It will be available after the tenth here via Bulk buy for 50 cents over cost. (Some where around 4 bucks/ lb )
So if you can wait Ill be happy to send you some.

The other thing that I've learned is that there are some tests happening with my friend Josue in Guatemala. Farms are processing small lots (500lbs) to see if they are going to move towards this semi-dry processed coffee.

I am a big dry process fan, so I am very hopeful.

Sean
Edited by Unta on 11/02/2011 9:27 PM
Sean Harrington
educate.

smatty1

Unta wrote:
This is what I'm picking up next week. From what is coming from the supplier, they are really nice. Though they have ALOT in house(over 500 bags from the spring harvest). It will be available after the tenth here via Bulk buy for 50 cents over cost. (Some where around 4 bucks/ lb )
So if you can wait Ill be happy to send you some.

The other thing that I've learned is that there are some tests happening with my friend Josue in Guatemala. Farms are processing small lots (500lbs) to see if they are going to move towards this semi-dry processed coffee.

I am a big dry process fan, so I am very hopeful.

Sean

Awesome. I am definitely interested in this. I remember how good the Santa Rita was a year or so ago and also I have been holding my breath for more Guat DP Oriente! I too am a huge DP fan!smile

andrewbird
Does anyone have roasting advice for honey processed coffees? I was told not to let it get into the 2nd cracks because it will burn off the sweetness, but it seems like the light roasts always turn out sour. Where is this supposed honey flavor?!
:trink25:

JETROASTER
"Honey" refers to the process. Skin is removed...pulp remains intact thru the drying process. This imparts more of the cherrys flavor, while still expediting the dry time. Try stretching your light roast a bit. Enjoy! -Scott

Unta
Acidity is going to be retained in a lighter roast. I find that the longer dry times, Past 4min tend to flatten the cup a bit. \
Just to clarify, when you say sour do you mean like spoiled milk sour or under ripe blueberries or raspberries sour?
And scott is right on the money. Honey may be an aroma of the coffee, but generally they are refering to the semi dry natural pulped process.
Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

seedlings
Low brewing temperature can make the cup sour too. Maybe let it rest for 7+ days?

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

Jump to Forum: