Homeroasters - Home Roasting Coffee Community » HOMEROASTER USER GROUPS (HUGS) » Midwest HUGS
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Coffee Fest at Dan's
Dan
A lot of the newer employees at work like the coffee I bring in from time to time and two asked if they could see my roaster. Now its become an event, about a dozen showing up for coffee. Happily, one is bringing her tasty freshly baked coffee cake.

Nov 20, 11am at Dan's

JETROASTER
Good coffee is like a magnet. I may not make it, but I like the branding! 'Coffee Fest' ...good stuff -Scott

seedlings
I expect the headline to hit the Drudge Report.

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

Dan
OCCUPY DAN

OK, it is quickly becoming an event. Even non-coffee drinkers want to come and bring their spouses and children!
Edited by Dan on 11/10/2011 5:51 PM

Dan
Coffee Fest went great! Nine people showed up plus Silas, age 1 1/2! We tasted carafes of 5 different press pot brewed single origins. Everyone got an espresso, and for some it was their first ever and for the others it was their best yet! Then, we went down to the shop and roasted a pound of Mexican Organic in my sample roaster. Everyone was very interested in the roasting process. And finally, we brewed the Mexican beans still warm from the roaster. One of the big hits were the little burlap sacks I gave away that came from Sweet Marias!

JETROASTER
Riot police not needed? -Scott

Dan
They were invited, but were otherwise occupied. smile

Ken
There are many reasons that a visit with Dan & Rebecca is a wonderful event . . . One that comes to mind is C O F F E E ;-)>

Tell Rebecca Hi for us. Just out mowing grass today.

Jump to Forum: