Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Missing GC part. Does it matter?
smatty1
I finally got my GC back from repair after 2 months without one. It was shipped back without the plastic lid that closes down over the top of the machine. How important is this part?

ginny
If you sent it with your machine you need to/should have gotten it back.

I forget if the machine works without it but regardless call them tomorrow and have them send it back to you.

ginny

smatty1
I'm just kinda over it. First time the shipment was "on it's way to me" I took 2 weeks to track it down because it did not get shipped to me and I couldnt get a tracking # from him. Then after follow up after followup, it finally gets here and no plastic cover.
Surprising because Tim is usually great to work with, but this was beyond my worst nightmare. My worst nightmare in this case was to be without a roaster for about a month :\

ginny
Well all I can say is get your head together, put your papers/receipts together and call Tim NOW.

There is no question that the PO/UPS and Fed Ex make mistakes but if you actually sent your roaster or money for parts and they have not been received in some timely fashion, I would bark loudly.

Being kinda over it sounds like you are not telling the whole story!

Ask for the plastic cover NOW.

The sad story is that most people do not do their job. So tons-o-folk are left holding the bag. For all of those who do follow up and get the job done great this comment was not meant for you.

If you do not act for yourself nothing will happen.

Call Tim tomorrow and tell him what has happened; clearly he will take care of it if it is his responsibility. If in fact he does not let me know and I would be more then happy to be an active person with your issue regarding the Gene Cafe.

ginny
Shock

smatty1

ginny wrote:
Well all I can say is get your head together, put your papers/receipts together and call Tim NOW.

There is no question that the PO/UPS and Fed Ex make mistakes but if you actually sent your roaster or money for parts and they have not been received in some timely fashion, I would bark loudly.

Being kinda over it sounds like you are not telling the whole story!

Ask for the plastic cover NOW.

The sad story is that most people do not do their job. So tons-o-folk are left holding the bag. For all of those who do follow up and get the job done great this comment was not meant for you.

If you do not act for yourself nothing will happen.

Call Tim tomorrow and tell him what has happened; clearly he will take care of it if it is his responsibility. If in fact he does not let me know and I would be more then happy to be an active person with your issue regarding the Gene Cafe.

ginny
Shock

Thanks Ginnysmile

John Despres
The plastic lid is a safety feature to keep yer mitts out of the rotating drum.

Your roaster will operate without it, but keep yer mitts out of the way until Tim sends you one.

Stay safe! Have fun.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

smatty1

John Despres wrote:
The plastic lid is a safety feature to keep yer mitts out of the rotating drum.

Your roaster will operate without it, but keep yer mitts out of the way until Tim sends you one.

Stay safe! Have fun.

John

Will do. Thanks Cap'n ;)

Jump to Forum: