04/23/2024 7:01 PM
Paul Kalb Welcome

renatoa
04/23/2024 4:34 AM
Coffee_Rabbit_Hole
and Michaelion, welcome cup

renatoa
04/21/2024 2:35 AM
compactjack and GreenGenie coffee drink ?

allenb
04/19/2024 8:27 AM
eximwind Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,227
Newest Member: AGZ

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What Other Roasters?
allenb
If you don't find your roaster in this forum (All About Roasting) maybe you're using a Sonofresco, a Diedrich HR-1, an FZ-RR-700 or Solar 2KG by Coffee Tech Engineering, Sivetz fluidbed or one of many other fine drum or fluidbed (hot air) sample roasters?

Since we don't have nearly enough room in this forum to list all of the possible roaster brands you might be using we thought we'd give you a place to ask questions about or brag about your roaster no matter what brand, make and model.

In fact, many here at HRO would love to know more about roasters we may have never heard of so please, use this forum to let others know about your roaster or to ask for advise on how to get the best possible roast out of it or how to repair it.

All roaster brands welcome weather it be hot air, drum or in between!
Edited by allenb on 12/18/2011 6:24 PM
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Koffee Kosmo
I Have heard only good things about the,
San Franciscan Sample Roasters

coffeesnobs.com.au/attachments/photo_046.JPG

KK
I home roast and I like it. Designer of the KKTO
Roaster Build information
https://homeroast...ad_id=1142

https://docs.goog...lide=id.i0
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/

Bezzera Strega, Mazzer Robur Grinder, Pullman Tamper Convex,
(KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster.

dbs
Would appreciate info on the Nesco Professional roaster. I'm just a beginner, but the results seem pretty good so far. Would like to learn more from more experienced people. For instance: how long do you roast any given bean for a Vienna/French result, not too smoky, with some of the origin flavor remaining?

wsikes
I saw an interesting roaster on another forum (down under) that is made in Korea and is called the I-Coffee. It has been in production for a few years now and fairly recently got approved for sale in Australia. It is a 220V roaster that roasts about 8 ounces and supposedly does a great job. It has a bubble top for easy viewing and is built "like a tank." Has anyone done any research on this? It is quite a unique looking roaster.
Note: I am not trying to hijack this thread, but I could not find how to start a thread. I belong to other forums for my various hobbies, but somehow have missed the boat on starting threads on this forum.
William Sikes

ginny
dbs:

what results are you talking about here. using the roaster or simply reviews?

ginnyGrin

wsikes

ginny wrote:
dbs:

what results are you talking about here. using the roaster or simply reviews?

ginnyGrin

I read what the coffee snobs had to say about it but I guess I should have been clearer on what I wanted to know. Is the roaster approved in the US, and if so who is the distributor? Also, what is the price in the US? Also, more reviews would be nice.
William Sikes

dbs
Ginny, I'm wondering how that roaster stacks up against others in terms of results -- taste, etc. For example, I started by using a popcorn popper and it made lousy coffee because it was hard to control, cooked the beans very fast, etc. The Nesco does much better, in my opinion. What do others say about it compared to whatever they're using?

ginny
I am sorry I cannot help you; perhaps one of our members can. If you can tell us what type of roaster you are looking for we can clearly give you multiple suggestions.

Batch size, drum, fluid bed etc...

Results are only your taste.

Forget the coffee snobs.

If you have a link to this particular roaster please include it here with your post.

thanks for your input and let's see what happens.

ginnyGrin

allenb
dbs, I too have been curious about this roaster but have not heard much in the way of quality of roasts and what user control exists and as Ginny correctly stated, results are related to your tastes and desires in a roaster.

Please do this, in the Discussion Forum - "Other Roasters" look at the top right of the page you'll see a block titled "New Thread", click that and it will ask for a thread title, fill that in (Zack&Danny/Nesco pro roaster) and get a thread going for this roaster. I think you'll see some folks jump in with their experience/comments and I'll surely be following it as well.

Post often!

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

wsikes
I have a Behmor... I just happened upon this thread from another forum and was trying to steer clear of trouble so I tried not to mention the actual name of the other forum. Here is the thread I was reading. You will have to read well into the thread to discover that the Australian distributor realizes that he can actually roast a little over 8 ounces at a time with success. Here is the link to the thread... it is very interesting.

http://coffeesnob...06903767/0

The distributor is the person who actually started the thread... SorrentinaCoffee.
Edited by wsikes on 01/20/2012 9:31 PM
William Sikes

Jump to Forum: