Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
ICED COFFEE
ginny
I really like iced coffee as long as it's my espresso that goes into it!

Seems iced coffee in the last decade has really evolved. Many using "overnight"
coffee, sounds like typical cold brew to me.

So you all know it's OK and cool to have iced coffee...
gGrin

jkoll42
Well, I'm glad we got the official OK from the boss on iced coffee smile

I also enjoy iced coffee in the summer in the middle of the day. I know, I know, it doesn't have all the complexities of regular brew, but it really is refreshing! I used to drop an espresso shot on ice with milk, but started playing with overnight drip brewing. It's really nice and mellow and still pulls some decent notes out. In fact, for this spring I have plans for a lab glassware version!

-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

kgraham
The only coffee my wife will drink is iced. It's a start! smile Merry Christmas!:smileycoffee:

The Greenest Bean, The Freshest Roast!

ginny
I like iced coffee, I also like iced (no hot tea for me, ugg.)

Someone gave me a couple of boxes of Starbucks iced coffee. It is an instant form with lot's of sugar; if you add some 1/2 & 1/2 it's not too bad.

I am cold brewing later today with some African and will use it for iced coffee, will let you now.

ginnyGrin

seedlings

ginny wrote:
I like iced coffee, I also like iced (no hot tea for me, ugg.)

Someone gave me a couple of boxes of Starbucks iced coffee. It is an instant form with lot's of sugar; if you add some 1/2 & 1/2 it's not too bad.

I am cold brewing later today with some African and will use it for iced coffee, will let you now.

ginnyGrin

There you go. Fixed up that post for you Ginny.

CHAD

Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

jkoll42
lol

-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

ginny
Very Funny Chadskie...

I may add that the WSJ had a piece on Starbucks NEW IGHTER roasts to meet the needs/wants 45% of their customers and to hopefully gather more.I cannot believe that it took them so long.

On the other end of the coffee heap last week Keurig has 90% of the single serve market and plans on keeping it by offering other :big brands" to jump in the fray with labeling their coffee for the mighty Keurig machine, also WSJ news.

The last tidbit is the coffee wars are just about over and prices are expected to tumble a bit.

Yes, one ore, for those who miss the Sweet Maria Tiny Joy newsletter check it out at their site, the Sept/Oct issue was an article about we mighty homeroasters who are kicking the butt of speciality coffee roasters/market.

ginny

merry christmas 2011!
Roflmao

Jump to Forum: