Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Nicaragua SHG Placeres Estate (reserved)
seedlings
Packing the coffee now after a busier weekend than anticipated.

Thanks!

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

seedlings
The bag is empty!

i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/seedlings/IMG_06831.jpg

Boxed, labeled, ship in the morning.

I did roast some 2 days ago. It has dark chocolate, noughat/carmel/malted milkballs with some nuttiness. Just the right amount of acidic tingle, in the form of perhaps apple or pear (faint). It's a daily drinker kind of coffee. I roasted to 430F City ++. Next roast will be much lighter.

CHAD

Gregman
Found this on a Zephyr site.....

Nicaragua Placeres Estate
Pure Matagalpa single estate coffee. A beautiful farm with copious shade, practically a museum of Nicaraguan coffee history. The cup, rich deep and tobacco; crisp with cognac aftertaste. Visit the Placeres website: http://smierisch.googlepages.com/fincalosplaceres2.
Well now........ that's not suppose to happen!

ajrunningbiking
Thanks again, Chad, for the local pick-up!! Great to meet another home roaster!!

I was so excited last night, I found a few extra minutes and did a roast. I roasted this one to 430 degrees as well.

I am dealing with one righteous sinus infection Shock, so my taster is going to be off. After less than a day's rest, I am really liking this. Definitely has more body than I expected. Definitely get kind of a bitter sweet chocolate upfront with a nutty caramel throughout. For me, the tobacco flavor hits in the finish, which I really like.

Can't wait to pull a shot with this one and roast it on a lighter degree of roast to see if I can bring the acidity up.

Andy

seedlings
Yes Andy, appreciate the roasting conversation with local pickup!

The cigar/tobacco kicks in more after 4 days. As does the 'crisp congac', which I first alluded to as apple or pear acidity.

This NIC is what you might get if Sumatra and Kenya got together and had a little baby origin. Tobacco/Leather/body from the Sumatra and wineyness snap from the Kenya.

CHAD

Bob J
Chad,
Just wanted to drop you a note that the beans arrived yesterday in great shape..... Can't wait to give these a try..... Much appreciate you doing this for us!

Bob

Unta
Sounds like a great coffee CHAD!
Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

Cam
Thanks Chad...my beans arrived yesterday as well in perfect shape.

Cam
Just roasted this yesterday and pulled a shot today. Very intense flavorful dark chocolate on the edge of bitter along with strong caramel and nutty flavors....really very good. I roasted to full city in a Behmor (9 ounces with the 1 pound setting, B, P1, open door during cooling cycle). I am curious how the profile will change after the coffee rests more.

seedlings
I have been pulling some shots as well. I roasted to about 445F, which was about :20 into second crack. For me this Nic has the right balance between bitterness and sweetness, with malty caramels. I let mine rest about a week before trying. I didn't have any tasty espresso success with beans roasted lighter.

CHAD

compaddict
I would love twenty more pounds!Grin
Artisan 3e, Proline grinder modded w/SSP, Behmor brewer

Jump to Forum: