Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
New welcome banners
John Despres
Ginny and I have an idea for some new welcome banners. If you are using the default theme, you can see the first one. Yes, it's one of my roasters since I only have pictures of mine.

You can change to the default theme in "Edit Profile" to the left of the page, just under your name.

Here's the plan. If you have pictures, please e-mail them to me. Contact me by PM and I'll send my e-mail address.

Please note: I would prefer highest resolution images possible, not the resolution required for posting to the site. We will solve that ourselves internally.

I will design a banner using your roaster and your name as you would like it to appear.

If you have other images of home roasting gear like your cooler, storage or whatever, please send that as well.

Choice of photos, cropping, composition, text will be left to my discretion, but I promise I will create something you will be pleased to see posted as the Welcome to HRO banner.

Questions? Add them to this thread.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

ginny
We must guess yes?

JYTT we know the 2K already

John You Thoughtless Thug

any more want to guess?

ginnyShock

John Despres
No, no, no... Thorough...

Clue: The definition of JYTT is posted somewhere in the various threads.

To the first member who correctly identifies JYTT, Ginny will send a wonderful (and I'm sure very expensive) prize.
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

ajrunningbiking
Junk Yard Tow Truck?

John Despres
Wow, that didn't take long.

Now let's see how much trouble I'm in for promising a prize from Ginny.

:|
Respect the bean.
John Despres

ginny
VERY GOOD WORK.

Send me your name and address and I have just the prize for you.

I love this stuff, makes our work worth it all.

ginny

ajrunningbiking
Ya, I just happened to be on the site trying to better my roasting abilities (long way to go) while my wife was watching "Dancing with the Stars"....enough said about that....when I saw your post.

The alarm went off in my head that I had read the definition before in one of your posts for your roaster build, which I am in aw of by the way, so I took a stab at the answer!!!

tamarian
Great idea. Is there a link to previous banners?

John Despres
They change on a pretty regular basis, almost daily, so you can see 'em that way. I don't think we have a compilation anywhere.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres

ginny
John is correct that the banners change daily you simply need to refresh to see newest banner.

I may be a able to set up a gallery with smaller scale banners for all to see - give me a few days. I will post back when done.
thanks for your interest.

ginnywoohoo

Jump to Forum: