Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Rainfrog's Roastmaster Software
Seattle Pete
Hi folks,

Wow, it?s been a while since new posts in the thread. I recently purchased this app and am excited to use it.

Any user experience updates? And has anyone used this with an analog drum roaster? I mean really basic ... a crank, drum, and over gass. There is a metal chamber on the lower half covering the gas area and half covering up the exposed drum. If so, how would one mount a probe for ET.

For reference I?m using the Kaldi mini manual drum roaster.

Thanks for any info or updated experiences

~Pete
Edited by Seattle Pete on 12/06/2017 5:04 PM

Nilewoods Roaster
Hello Seattle Pete -
I am sorry I can not answer your question, but I am hoping that you might be able to help me with something.
I am considering a Kaldi, and trying to determine what heat source to use with it, outside. It would help if I knew the dimensions of the base of the box it sits in, so I can compare it to burner sizes.
Might you be able to tell me the size of the base?
Thanks in advance.

Seattle Pete

Nilewoods Roaster wrote:

Hello Seattle Pete -
I am sorry I can not answer your question, but I am hoping that you might be able to help me with something.
I am considering a Kaldi, and trying to determine what heat source to use with it, outside. It would help if I knew the dimensions of the base of the box it sits in, so I can compare it to burner sizes.
Might you be able to tell me the size of the base?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Nilewoods,

I?ll be receiving it tomorrow (cross my fingers) so I?ll be able to shed some more light on measurements. I think I have a pretty good idea now since I?ve been studying photos and videos for probe placements. Thanks and I?ll revisted this post later.

Thank you.

Dennie_S
Greetings,
Does anyone know if Roastmaster software is still 'alive/supported'? It is still available in the Apple App Store ($9.99), but the last version update was 3 years ago. There doesn't seem to be any 'message traffic' on this in any of the blogs, boards or even the Rainfrog website. The developer (Danny Hall) doesn't seem to be active either.

- Dennie
*Behmor 1600+; mods include --
-- Bean Mass, Environment and Exhaust thermocouples... Phidgets & Artisan.
-- Internal light; Daylight (6000K)
*Breville Barista Express Impress

allenb
I tried to subscribe and got this message

Subscribe to Blog via Email
There was an error when subscribing. Please try again.

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Email Address

Subscribe
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Jump to Forum: