Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Modifying the Poppery 1
ChicagoJohn
a lot of water under the dam in threads on Presto PopLite mods
So many beans; so little time....

BenKeith
OK Poppery modifiers, check this one out. While looking for something else I can across my old modified Poppery from over 10 years ago with wires and stuff hanging everywhere and couldn't remember what the heck all I had done to it. So, I took it apart. Bet you've never seen a mod like this
Poppery II motor heater unit on left.
Hearthware Precision motor heater unit on right.
My modified Poppery II in the middle. I married the Precision motor heater to the Poppery II upper. I plugged it and that sucker puts out some air and heat. It looks like I also made a 2200 watt 6.6 ohm heating coil for it.

i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/BenKeith/poppery_zps3ffvoanb.jpg

It's amazing at the junk you find laying around when you are digging into the past looking for something.

I bought bunch of Hearthwares junk back then for a few bucks apiece.
Edited by BenKeith on 01/09/2016 3:51 PM

justchil
Question:

I just aquired a P1 off ebay finally (have been using a modified Air Crazy for a couple months now) and already have it apart for a deep cleaning and modification. I don't plan on doing any PID control but it will be manual controlled heat/fan, glass chimney and modified for better air flow. I will probably add a probe of sorts to monitor temp with a digi output at some point but haven't decided on equipment yet.

Would you that are more experience recommend I pull the thermostat now while it's apart? I know there is some debate over getting the same roast over a long or short period -- so my best bet may be to try it as is then tweak it if I need more heat. I'm curious if most that follow this path end up disabling / removing it later on.

Thanks for the article it's really useful smile

ThinkJunket
Hey everyone! New here, and was really excited to see the steps provided but its quite hard to visualize for a newbie like me. Anybody could show some pictures of the steps above if they have done it recently? Would like to start with extending the chimney.

Regards,
Ron

JitterzZ

ThinkJunket wrote:

Hey everyone! New here, and was really excited to see the steps provided but its quite hard to visualize for a newbie like me. Anybody could show some pictures of the steps above if they have done it recently? Would like to start with extending the chimney.

Regards,
Ron

This should help you out: https://forum.hom...rum_id=121

Jump to Forum: