Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What's For Dinner
ginny
one of the things that leaves much to be desired about living in the boonies are great bakeries...

I bake but I cannot make in a flash a particular, desired roll or bread and since I am not a great planner ahead well...

all over Santa Monica/Brentwood, pick a place and die for the fresh goodies.

I had a coke float for dinner:

real coke
fresh vanilla ice cream

load ICE COLD GLASS, the bigger the better if you are really hungry, with the fresh ice cream, take out ICE COLD real coke from fridge, pour over ice cream slowly, slurp and scoop foam and ice cream and flop in favorite chair, put feet up and enjoy...

ginny

ahhhhh

coffeeroastersclub

ginny wrote:

one of the things that leaves much to be desired about living in the boonies are great bakeries...

I bake but I cannot make in a flash a particular, desired roll or bread and since I am not a great planner ahead well...

real coke
fresh vanilla ice cream

load ICE COLD GLASS, the bigger the better if you are really hungry, with the fresh ice cream, take out ICE COLD real coke from fridge, pour over ice cream slowly, slurp and scoop foam and ice cream and flop in favorite chair, put feet up and enjoy...

ginny

ahhhhh

I've seen the original recipe real coke (Coca Cola) from Cokes plant in Mexico, being sold in the U.S. at our local supermarket. It has real cane sugar in it instead of the high fructose junk.

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

atalanta

coffeeroastersclub wrote:

ginny wrote:

real coke
fresh vanilla ice cream

ginny

ahhhhh

I've seen the original recipe real coke (Coca Cola) from Cokes plant in Mexico, being sold in the U.S. at our local supermarket. It has real cane sugar in it instead of the high fructose junk.

Len

Ginny - sounds like what a lot of us will be drinking this weekend! LOL

Len - they do it with real sugar over passover so its kosher. I know a lot of people who stock up for the rest of the year.

Tonight is Ice Tea night at the pub. Dinner was soft shell crab BLT with wasabi mayo.

coffeeroastersclub

atalanta wrote:

coffeeroastersclub wrote:

ginny wrote:

real coke
fresh vanilla ice cream

ginny

ahhhhh

Len

Ginny - sounds like what a lot of us will be drinking this weekend! LOL

Len - they do it with real sugar over passover so its kosher. I know a lot of people who stock up for the rest of the year.

Tonight is Ice Tea night at the pub. Dinner was soft shell crab BLT with wasabi mayo.

I never new that, Coke having real sugar for passover. Pepsi was doing a "throwback" recipe for its Mountain Dew and Pepsi there for awhile. I bought some of the Mountain Dew (my favorite hangover cure drink from many years ago when I used to have a few ...). It did taste "crisper"; I guess that would be the term.

And here is my recipe for "hangover cure": 12 oz. cold moutain dew plus 2 advils. Go back to bed. Works like a charm.

What we're having tonight: I was able to purchase some bone in rib eye for $4.88 pound (can't beat that!). Put salt on both sides of the rib eye, splash some worcestershire sauce on both sides; keep out covered for 1/2 a day, flipping every now and then. Then we throw it on the grill, using hardwood sticks we pick up around the yard. When done (medium rare) we drizzle real butter on the top and wrap in aluminum foil for about 5 minutes. When ready we serve with salad (poppy seed mustard vinegar honey dressing). Home made blue cheese dressing on the side.
woohoo

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

jkoll42
FYI - most Costco stock throwback pepsi and coke from the mexico factory (in cool glass bottles). Tastes so much better with real sugar - no bite and nasty mouth slick from the HFCS

Merged on July 21 2012 15:13:21:
Not that this is some amazing recipe but man is it good. Just started getting in the first slicer tomatoes form the garden. Had an awesome BLT with lettuce from the garden and Arkansas Traveler tomatoes. It was so good!
Edited by jkoll42 on 07/21/2012 4:13 PM
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

coffeeroastersclub

Not that this is some amazing recipe but man is it good. Just started getting in the first slicer tomatoes form the garden. Had an awesome BLT with lettuce from the garden and Arkansas Traveler tomatoes. It was so good!

Nothing beats a ripe tomato right out of the garden, especially on a BLT! I envy you; we have not had time for a garden in a few years. I miss the tomatoes the most.

Len

troposcuba
well, just had to do it again. Tonight was 8Lb Pork Picnic Shoulder. Smoked for about 6 1/2 hours between 190 and 220 with hickory and mesquite. some North Carolina BBQ (50/50 cider vinegar/white vinegar, cayenne pepper and cholula hot sauce to spice it up a bit) poured over and in the pan. pull it apart with a fork and stir it in the juices in the pan with a little more of the vinegar sauce and let it do it's thing for a while longer that way. does not get any better. gonna be eatin good for the rest of the week. some home made cast iron skillet cornbread and some coleslaw. does not get any better than that!!!!!
Sean

atalanta
Tropscuba, that sounds great!

Sunday and Monday - chicken wrapped in proscuitto with hollandaise sauce. So super naughts. No pic, not "pretty" enough. LOL but so super tasty! Last night was shrimp and tortelini alfredo (BF is a wicked saucier!!!) Tonight is manacotti and veal "marsala" - we use Harvey's instead of marsala.

We've started getting fresh tomatoes from the CSA. On fresh sourdough from the amish market down the street. YUMMY! Tried to make tarragon mayo, but too much vinegar (followed the recipe, stronger than plain vinegar). Our CSA is in New Jersey, you can't beat a fresh jersey tomato (unless you pull it from your own garden!).

My mom gave me a coffee rub to try - I"ll let you know how it goes. I forget what brand it is.

Jump to Forum: