Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Technivorm Moccamaster CD-10 Parts Problem
Right Lane
My CD-10 just went off-warranty and the power switch(es) stopped working. I got in touch with Technivorm and was referred to the US distributor - Boyd Coffee Co. I explained the problem to the Boyd representative and told her that I'd like to order two of the on-off rocker switches (the brewer has two) and replace them myself. I was told that this wouldn't be possible and that I'd have to ship the entire unit to them for any repairs for a flat service fee. Based on the way many of my parcels fare these days (regardless of carrier), I'm not interested.

Needless to say, I'm not happy with the Boyd policy nor am I happy about their customer service for a past customer. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might be able to purchase these switches? Thanks.

Dan
Many OEM switches are off-the-shelf standard units. Remove the switches so you can see how many poles, amperage rating, and terminal types they have. Then take them to a local electronic supply house. If they don't have them in stock they'll order them for you. If you can, buy higher amp rated switches so this doesn't happen again.

snwcmpr
I had the same problem with a Casio watch many years ago, I wanted to replace the crystal. They told me the same thing.
I called back a few (or more) times and got someone that shipped me the crystal. 13 dollars versus 60 or more to pay someone to do it.

Try calling Boyd CS several times, or different days.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

Jump to Forum: