Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Immediate cooling issue
sbonder
So, after reading a lot here, I ordered and switched the panels, making my new Hottop into a B. unfortunately, as soon as I hit start it says cooling (arm does not move) and reads a temp of 491. This from a cold start. If I hit eject the arm starts moving.
Cables are in and secure. Any thoughts? I emailed hottop, but thought I would check here to see if anybody has experience ce with this. Thanks.

ginny
I am sure Michael will respond right away. I would say you have a bad board or the plug/cable is not in properly.

-g

please let us know.

snwcmpr
If I am correct, cooling does not start the arms, but eject does, so that part is correct.
As to the high temp reading, yes, something is wrong.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

ginny
Ken is correct about the arm movement.

the temp reading is off yes, when you start that B model it will say pre-heat and
not cooling.

-g

sbonder
Fantastic customer service! New panel on the way and I am mailing back the old. From time of discovery to solution was under 2 hours.
Thanks all.

ginny
that is great to hear, it really only could have been a bad board and there was no reason for Michael not to replace it.

HT customer service is great...

some bad stuff makes it through quality control, it happens.

thanks for letting us know.

ginny

rockon

Randy G
Be very careful when connecting or disconnecting the thermocouple wire from the rear of the control panel. The conductors are solid (not stranded) and DO NOT like to be repeatedly bent. The wire has to take a 90 degree bend on a small radius when it exits the control panel, and if care is not taken the wires are very easily broken.

Life's too short to drink bad coffee.

Jump to Forum: