Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
With Respect to Poundage & Stardom
ciel-007
I gather there's a relationship between the number of times a member has posted, and the number of stars and pounds that magically appear under the avatar.

Out of curiosity, might there an explanation posted somewhere by Ginny, or one of the Administrators, with respect to how weight is gained and stardom attained? ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK?NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

Airhan
I was wondering the same thing...
Aaron
"Grind it like it did you some great injustice!"D.L.Clark

Erichimedes
I'm pretty sure it's a rating as to how many threads or replies you've posted. Mine clicked over to 1/4 pounder at 50 posts. Many forums have similar ratings for their members, usually themed to the forum.

Airhan
So 4 stars will be 1 Pounder and five will be PunderPlus
Aaron
"Grind it like it did you some great injustice!"D.L.Clark

JackH
The ratings are set as:

Newbie - 20 post count 1 star
1/4 Pounder - 50 posts 2 stars
1/2 Pounder -200 posts 3 stars
Pounder Plus -400 posts 4 stars
1 1/2 Pounder - 600 posts 5 stars

Jack

ginny
Should you have any other suggestions please post them since I am always looking for ways to update all aspects of the forum.

it is a simple system based on the numbers of posts a member has posted.

it can change at any minute...

ginny

beach

snwcmpr
Curious, why Pounder Plus, not Pounder?

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

ginny
because there are only so many freaking stars to play with...

once I fiddle with the code it could all change.

hahahaha

-g

snwcmpr
Oh, OK.
I love it.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

JackH
Ken,
You are getting close to Pounder Plus, keep posting.

ciel-007

JackH wrote:

Newbie - 20 post count - 1 star
Pounder Plus -400 posts 4 stars

Thanks Jack,
Tthat's exactly the sort of information I was looking for.
Much appreciated!
ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK?NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

ciel-007

ginny wrote:

... because there are only so many freaking stars to play with ...

Thanks Ginny - much appreciated!
Does that mean that the software/platform you are using here at HRO imposes certain constraints, one of which may be an actual limit on the number of stars you can choose to display?
ciel

ciel-007

ginny wrote:

... Should you have any other suggestions please post them since I am always looking for ways to update all aspects of the forum ...

Ginny, have you, or any of the Moderators, ever considered the possibility of using coffee cups instead of stars?
ciel

John Despres

ciel-007 wrote:

ginny wrote:

... Should you have any other suggestions please post them since I am always looking for ways to update all aspects of the forum ...

Ginny, have you, or any of the Moderators, ever considered the possibility of using coffee cups instead of stars?
ciel

I think we had beans at one time... ?? Might be wrong - antique, aging memory

JD
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

ciel-007
Here is a suggestion that includes both
the "beans" and the "cup".
ciel
ciel-007 attached the following image:
0-bean_coffee_cup.jpg

ginny
I gotta tell you as far as I am concerned the "bean" is way overused on coffee sites. I appreciate your suggestions...

we are limited somewhat but let me go back and look at size issues again...

thanks for your input.

ginny

rockon

ginny
pounder plus died...

smoking

clearly we can all come up with something different.

remember size is an issue.

please anything but beans...

ginny

roar
Edited by ginny on 10/28/2013 3:03 PM

jedovaty
Double pounder with cheeeeeeese.
burger

ginny
yeah, now you guys are on it...

rockon

ciel-007

ginny wrote:

... remember size is an issue ...

Ginny, is it possible to more specific (or technical) in terms of size constraints?
ciel

JackH
I don't know of a size limitation. It might throw off the formatting of the screen panels if they are too big.

Here is a screen capture of a 5 star ranking with the size of the file. It is pretty small file (.png) and there are 6 separate files, one for each star and one for no stars.

72 pixels wide and 16 pixels high.
JackH attached the following image:
capture_4.jpg

ciel-007

ginny wrote:

pounder plus died...

RIP... does that mean we now have the following classification?

Newbie - 20 post count 1 star
Pounder -400 posts 4 stars

ciel

ciel-007

JackH wrote:

... It is pretty small file (.png) ... 72 pixels wide and 16 pixels high.

Thanks Jack.
So it follows that each star is (or alternate image would be) merely 16 x 14.4 pixels... ciel

JackH
Each image is of 5 stars. The active star shows the ranking, the others are greyed out.
JackH attached the following images:
rank3.gif rank4.gif rank5.gif

ciel-007
Thanks Jack. With such a tiny image size, it would indeed be difficult to replace the STAR with another object that would be as easily recognizable. ciel

Jump to Forum: