Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
2013 Holiday Bean Swap
ginny
Hi there guys -

From the looks of the shout box we have interest in a bean swap for the holidays...

Lets rock and roll,

The bean swap is a tradition at HRO where 2 members are randomly paired together to exchange some roasted beans to enjoy in the spirit of the holidays. Participants will exchange shipping addresses and decide how many beans to swap (usually 1/2 to 1#) and send each other some beans! It's great for new members to have others taste their roast and for older members to show off their beans.

Please keep in mind THIS IS NOT A CONTEST!!! Please all join the swap and have some fun.

THE DEAL:

SEND SOME OF YOUR BEST ROASTED TO THE PARTNER YOU END UP WITH...

(you can tell them what it is or make them guess, sender choice this year.)

Perhaps planning on pulling names after Thanksgiving and having beans sent before Christmas.

ginny

and welcome christmas tree
Edited by ginny on 11/16/2013 10:38 AM

ginny
I'm in...

smoking

snwcmpr
Add me, please.
Ken
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

allenb
Me too! woohoo
christmas tree
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Lawnmowerman
Count me in.
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

jkoll42
Jeez - don't get a chance to check in today and the shoutbox goes nuts.

Count me in! If we could try to get everybody their beans before Christmas week that would be cool - would love to enjoy someones roast in the downtime.

Can we add a note at the top of the thread explaining the swap in case there are new members who want to join that don't know what it is?
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

Airhan

jkoll42 wrote:

Can we add a note at the top of the thread explaining the swap in case there are new members who want to join that don't know what it is?

^I would like some more information very much, I can guess what a bean swap is, but I'm not exactly sure.
Aaron
"Grind it like it did you some great injustice!"D.L.Clark

allenb
Aaron, please see the first post of this thread for details.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

allenb
Yes, add me to the list of holiday swap participants.

Allen Bartee
Westminster Co.

christmas tree

jkoll42
G- maybe something like...

The bean swap is a tradition at HRO where 2 members are randomly paired together to exchange some roasted beans to enjoy in the spirit of the holidays. Participants will exchange shipping addresses and decide how many beans to swap (usually 1/2 to 1#) and send each other some beans! It's great for new members to have others taste their roast and for older members to show off their beans. Please keep in mind THIS IS NOT A CONTEST!!! Please all join the swap and have some fun.

>>> just an idea of the general idea
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

Airhan
I would like to get in on the holiday swap action.
Aaron

boar_d_laze
I'll play.

BDL
USRC 1lb Roaster, Chemex+Kone, Espro, Various FPs, Royal Siphon Vacuum, Yama Ice Drip Tower, Bunnzilla, La Cimbali M21 Casa, Ceado E92.
CookFoodGood

jkoll42
So happy to see newer members signing up - should be a great swap! christmas tree
-Jon

ginny
Thanks for the added ideas, all used and appreciated.

This is going to be a great swap...

-g

party

RAG

jkoll42 wrote:

So happy to see newer members signing up - should be a great swap! christmas tree

Yeah you say that now, wait till after the swap.thumbdown
But if someone's brave enough, I'm in.

jkoll42

RAG wrote:

jkoll42 wrote:

Yeah you say that now, wait till after the swap.thumbdown
But if someone's brave enough, I'm in.

HAHAHA!
-Jon

shsesc
I have yet to resume roasting and I will have to refine my setup once I do, I guess I'm afraid I won't have something roasted at a level that I'm happy with in time.

Edited to add that I am interested in events like this and I will likely participate in the future.
Edited by shsesc on 11/17/2013 1:17 PM

Bodka Coffee
I'm new here but I'd like to get in on the bean trade.

RevRoaster
I'm in! Sounds awesome!

rick carter
Sounds like fun!

count me in!

oldgearhead
Add my name to the list:
OGH
No oil on my beans...

Airhan
Bump. Anyone else want to join?
Aaron

allenb
Last call Shock

Calling all coffee enthusiasts who want to find out how coffee's from other roasters are tasting and maybe get an idea if you like the other guy's/Gals's type of roaster better when you cup their offering and/or afterwards compare notes on how they got that neat taste in the cup.

This is a very fun event so please jump in and give it a whirl!

Last call!

Swap elf

christmas tree

ginny
Results are in, this was done very carefully by my 13.6 pounder, Mr. Manny, he was pawing the pieces of paper on the floor and managed to make 6 sets for us...

we have:

ginny and boar_d_laze

allen and RAG

Rev Roaster and oldgearhead

rick carter and snwcmpr

lawnmowerman and Airhan

jknoll42 and Bodka Coffee

Send your partner a PM, get the address and send when you wish, this is always a fun and wonderful way to try our beans on another roaster and coffee lover.

After you have received your gift it would be great to share your thoughts about the roast here...

No we are all not cuppers but we know what we like and clearly know the difference between Folgers and fresh roasted coffee.

All roasters like to get feedback for better or worse...

Plesae accept my thanks for your participation in the 2013 Bean Swap,

thanks all,

ginny

roar

allenb
One PM in the mail to RAG from Holiday Swap elf.

christmas tree

Jump to Forum: