Wow I scored! Thanks Mr. Manny.

Thanks Allen for not calling in sick.

snwcmpr
PM sent to Rick Carter.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

rick carter
PM returned to snwcmpr!

it's on, wooo hoo!

BBQ grill

jkoll42
PM received and just returned. Love the swap!
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

oldgearhead
Okay..I've never 'swapped'
before. How about posting a link to the instructions?
No oil on my beans...

snwcmpr
The instructions are in the first post.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

Airhan
There is a wonderful parcel in the hands of the united states post service on it's way to lawnmowerman!
Aaron
"Grind it like it did you some great injustice!"D.L.Clark

ginny
Airhan,

thanks again for participating in this 2013 Bean Swap.

-g

Lawnmowerman
12 oz png to by sent to Airhan as soon as i get to post office. Just im case its a crappy roast, lm including 300 g greens. All crammed into a flat rate box. I am drinking it this morning after about 12 hrs. I believe this might be pretty good. Its certainly not bad.cross fingers
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

allenb

Lawnmowerman wrote:

12 oz png to be sent to Airhan as soon as i get to post office. Just in case its a crappy roast,cross fingers

Here's something to hopefully ease the minds of anyone in the swap who's fearful of possibly sending out a less than stellar roast. Even most "crappy" roasts are miles ahead of what's typically available down at the local "specialty coffee" house up the road. So, if any of us happens to get a mediocre batch of Holiday Swap beans, we're still getting pretty darn decent coffee.

Also, to stay in the spirit of the Holidays, if you happen to end up with coffee that tastes like it came out of a wet ash tray, feel free to just thank the other person for the gesture within the forum and keep constructive negative criticism private.

Enjoy the Holiday Swap and the Christmas Holidays!

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

jkoll42

allenb wrote:

Lawnmowerman wrote:

12 oz png to be sent to Airhan as soon as i get to post office. Just in case its a crappy roast,cross fingers

Here's something to hopefully ease the minds of anyone in the swap who's fearful of possibly sending out a less than stellar roast. Even most "crappy" roasts are miles ahead of what's typically available down at the local "specialty coffee" house up the road. So, if any of us happens to get a mediocre batch of Holiday Swap beans, we're still getting pretty darn decent coffee.

Also, to stay in the spirit of the Holidays, if you happen to end up with coffee that tastes like it came out of a wet ash tray, feel free to just thank the other person for the gesture within the forum and keep constructive negative criticism private.

Allen

best post

That is all.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

Bodka Coffee
I sent mine a few days ago. Hope he likes it. I wish I'd thought of sending green along just in case.cross fingers
USRC 5 kg

jkoll42
Beans have landed - Thanks Bodka - smell good and nice bag. Will be pulling shots this weekend in the snow! Also will be roasting your beans this weekend so watch your mailbox ThumbsUp
-Jon

Airhan
Lawnmowerman, I'm looking forward to trying some png! woohoo
Aaron

Lawnmowerman
Airhan: it was sent yesterday. I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of your package today. Not yet. Looking forward to some rwanda. I have enough png left from the same roast you recieved to make one pot so I will know what it tastes like when you get it. Should be interesting.

Lawnmowerman
I hope it arrives tommorow. I could roast a batch tonight be if i do i might end up with too much roasted so im trying to time itwoohoo

Airhan
The Rwanda I sent you is supposed to be arriving tomorrow, that would work out very well if we both got our beans tomorrow! cross fingers
Aaron

allenb

jkoll42 wrote:

allenb wrote:

Lawnmowerman wrote:

Allen

best post

That is all.

Well Thanks Jon! I really appreciate best post award. christmas tree

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

snwcmpr
That eases my mind, a bit.
I am currently tasting the 2 I am sending and 1 is ok, but I will have to try the other again, I may have screwed up the brewing.

Yes, I guess you are right, miles above the commercial roasts. But, what does commercial roast taste like now days?

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

Airhan
Lawnmowerman's png arrived today! I can't wait to brew it up!pouring
Aaron

allenb
Hey Rich, Holiday Swap coffees came out of the drum roaster at 2:30 and 3:05 pm mountain time today. I'm sending two different centrals.

I'm going to hit the post office sometime Monday morning. christmas tree

Allen

snwcmpr
Rick got his Harrar & El Salv in the mail today.
Ken
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

Lawnmowerman
Airhans package also arrived today. 12 iz roasted and 1lb plus green rwanda. I think my two year old son is as eager for my to brew some as I am. I had to pry him off the grindet as he was trying to help.ThumbsUp

Airhan
Brewed a big pot of png this morning, my mom liked it so much she asked for a second cup (that never happens with my beans). Wonderful roast Lawnmowerman!
Aaron

RAG
Allen,
Sent one roasted one green Ethiopia Dry-Process Yirga Cheffe Konga. Should arrive by Thursday.

Thanks,
Rich

Included roast profile for critique. Public flogging has been approved for this roast.;-]

Jump to Forum: