Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Theta Ridge Coffee - South Bend Indiana
Dan
Theta Ridge has been a wholesaler for greens to commercial roasters for sixteen years. I have purchased full bags from Theta Ridge and was very pleased with their service and prices. They just installed an online shopping cart system for homeroasters. You can now by small quantities from their offerings.

www.shop.thetarid...
Edited by JackH on 07/03/2014 12:11 PM
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.

JackH
Hi Dan,
Thanks for the link, it looks good. Nice to be able to buy large and small amounts. They don't seem to have the shipping costs listed yet. That is always a concern.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

snwcmpr
On the topic of shipping.
The US Post Office offers a lower rate Priority shipping.
It is "Regional Rate". https://www.usps....l-rate.htm

You can have the 'special' boxes shipped to you for free.
I got the Regional Rate boxes from Happy Mug, and I have been using it for about a year.
I have gotten 4 lbs of green in a Regional Rate A box.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

Bonsai Doug
Nice bean pricing, but it would also be nice to see some harvest year info.
FreshRoast SR500
Baratza Virtuoso Preciso
Gaggia Classic
Chemex & Hario V60 pour-over

JackH
I use the regional rate at Happy Mug too. Can't beat the price and 2 day shipping. (I work for the USPS).

Some places do not offer USPS as an option and steer towards UPS. Hopefully this place has different shipping options available.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Omega
The prices look great and the selection is good, too. Too bad I have 36+ pounds of beans ready to roast at the moment!

I'll give them a try sooner or later.

Barry

WorkbenchRoastCo
Anyone have experience with the quality of their beans?

coffeeroastersclub
I have been doing business with Thetaridgecoffee.com for several years now. The beans are of excellent quality. The owners name is Kevin and is very helpful and courteous. Another gentleman by the name of Roy works in the warehouse and also is very helpful. If you call them they will give you a pricelist of what they offer. They specialize in full bags wholesale, however will split bags all the way down to 1 lb. with a bit of a surcharge. They ship real fast. I have always received my orders about 3 days (FedEx) after order placement and I live in Connecticut. They are in Indiana. I would highly recommend them to anyone. ThumbsUp

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

HoldTheOnions
A usps shipping option would be good, shipping here adds $.50+ per pound over Happy Mug, depending. That said, if comparable quality, total price is lower than Happy Mug, so seem good place to try.

ChicagoJohn
I just discovered Theta Ridge and gave them a try. Got 20 lb shipped in one day from South Bend IN for about $13 via FedEx ground, not bad on a per pound basis. Their packaging, labeling and delivery is excellent, and I really like the items I purchased -- at what I think are great prices. I got the Yirgacheffe, Kenya AA, and several from Brazil.

This was particularly good for me since I drive past South Bend every six weeks or so, and from no on I plan to stop in and pick up my orders to eliminate shipping costs.
So many beans; so little time....

Beefheart
Just returned a batch of decaf Nicaraguan, very poor quality beans

Beefheart
Forgot to mention all other beans I have purchased have been good , also they took care of the issue

Jump to Forum: