Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The Roaster is Ready to ship
ginny
>>>There's no sight glass or trier with this roaster which limits your visibility of the roast.<<<

this is a big issue for me as I like to view my roast...

ginny

turtle

ginny wrote:

>>>There's no sight glass or trier with this roaster which limits your visibility of the roast.<<<

this is a big issue for me as I like to view my roast...

ginny

I could not roast blind. The visual condition of the beans is what guides my roasts
Mick - "Drinking in life one cup at a time"
"I'd rather be roasting coffee"

Roaster 1: San Franciscan SF-1
Roaster 2: Hottop B-2K+
Roaster 3: 2 kilo Chinese drum
Grinders: Mazzer Major - Forte BG (x3)
Pour over: Hario - Bee House - Chemex - Kalita - Bodum
Drip: Bunn CWTF15-1 & CW15-TC (commercials)
Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 auto
Vacuum: Cona - Bodum
Press: Frieling - Bodum Colombia

frachlitz
There IS a sightglass AND a tryer on the bullet (i think the tryer is extra). I also know that there are two probes (1. BMT / 2. Drum Temp).

(From chatting with Jonas the inventor).

Think i am going to jumo the pre-order....

coffeeroastersclub
I looked at the review on HB. The single most interesting point of the roaster (for me at least) is the incorporation of induction heating. Some years ago I sketched out a magnetic induction heated continuous roaster machine (not drum type like the Bullet) but never got it post the design stage. Its nice to see this technology being formally applied to coffee roasting and espresso machines.

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

ginny

There IS a sightglass AND a tryer on the bullet (i think the tryer is extra). I also know that there are two probes (1. BMT / 2. Drum Temp).

thanks, I went back and looked at notes and you are correct those items are there.

ginny

boar_d_laze
There's a lot that's interesting about the Bullet. I'm looking forward to a review from someone I respect who uses a roaster more or less as I do. That is, creating and following reasonably sophisticated profiles, hitting interval times with precision, using real-time BT plotting, etc.

The lack of a trier isn't a deal buster, but it bothers me because I like to get my nose right on top of the beans to track progress at end of drying and end of development.

Rich
Edited by boar_d_laze on 04/13/2015 1:11 PM
USRC 1lb Roaster, Chemex+Kone, Espro, Various FPs, Royal Siphon Vacuum, Yama Ice Drip Tower, Bunnzilla, La Cimbali M21 Casa, Ceado E92.
CookFoodGood

turtle

boar_d_laze wrote:

The lack of a trier isn't a deal buster, but it bothers me because I like to get my nose right on top of the beans to track progress at end of drying and end of development.

Rich

Last roast I burned my nose with the trier while getting a good "sniff".

More time on the roaster should resolve that small problem.

Mick - "Drinking in life one cup at a time"
"I'd rather be roasting coffee"

Roaster 1: San Franciscan SF-1
Roaster 2: Hottop B-2K+
Roaster 3: 2 kilo Chinese drum
Grinders: Mazzer Major - Forte BG (x3)
Pour over: Hario - Bee House - Chemex - Kalita - Bodum
Drip: Bunn CWTF15-1 & CW15-TC (commercials)
Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 auto
Vacuum: Cona - Bodum
Press: Frieling - Bodum Colombia

boar_d_laze
Looks like the reports of "no trier" may have been exaggerated. I read in the ongoing saga which is the HB thread that the Bullet will whip with a plugged trier hole (which can be easily opened by the user), and the trier itself will be optional.

So watch your nose.

I also read that the Bullet will measure and dsiplay BT and some sort of ET (not sure how you do that with an induction heated drum). Aillio showed that in their blog a log time ago, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise. But, I'm becoming increasingly forgetful as the resins in my brain harden, and was never that bright to begin with.

That there's so much confusing information coming out of the Aillio booth at the SCAA leads to an inference that some things are still up in th air with the Bullet and the US roll out will be later than promised.

Rich
USRC 1lb Roaster, Chemex+Kone, Espro, Various FPs, Royal Siphon Vacuum, Yama Ice Drip Tower, Bunnzilla, La Cimbali M21 Casa, Ceado E92.
CookFoodGood

ginny
I think the roll out will be a bit later for us in the US but from looking back at the posts from Jonas I think the folks attending and reporting are making mistakes, not Jona and company.

ginny

rockon

boar_d_laze

ginny wrote:...from looking back at the posts from Jonas I think the folks attending and reporting are making mistakes, not Jona and company.

Possibly.

In the meantime, look at this.

Rich
CookFoodGood

ginny
Thanks Rich:

saw that one and several others from the media guys at the show. seems that Thom will be at Sweet Marias today for hands-on demo - am looking forward to the first real review by someone I trust very much...

I want to get one for myself...

ginny

beach back to the sun...

voripteth
Any more news on this roaster as it nears release?
I've emailed a few of my questions. I'll post the answers if I get any.

ginny
Vori:

Jonas is tapped into this forum:

http://forum.home...rum_id=208

he should respond but remember his time frame is many hours later.

ginny

MassWineGuy
Amazing looking roaster. I'll never have a spare $1,500 to get one, but I sure hope I see one in action somewhere.

ginny
hey wine guy,

we may have one to raffle off later this year...

it is a very nice machine and I can not wait to get my hands on one.

-g

party

Gamehawker
I saw these production photos of the Aillio Bullet R1 Roasting Machine on Alllio's Facebook account:

https://www.faceb...mp;theater

Jump to Forum: