Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
GOTD free graphic editing/sizing software
turtle
Give Away Of The Day is a site that offers commercial software directly from the manufacturer for FREE.

This software is only for PC, not Mac

One catch.

It is available for one day only and the software must be downloaded AND installed within the 24 hour give away time.

Today CyberLink PhotoDirector 5 is giving away their commercial product.

There has been discussion on HRO about large and over weight graphics.

This free (for today only) graphic editing software package should help any and all HRO members who have been having difficulty with the sizing of their image attachments.

URL:

http://www.giveaw...irector-5/

This is the full retail ($50) software package that is one generation old (not current product). There are NO restrictions. NO limitations (other than you must download and install the free offered product today)

Software vendors run their products through GOTD to get more exposure and customers. It is a way for them to gain more exposure and market share. This is full retail REAL software, directly from the manufacturer, not pirate or shady stuff.
Edited by ginny on 04/11/2015 8:09 AM
Mick - "Drinking in life one cup at a time"
"I'd rather be roasting coffee"

Roaster 1: San Franciscan SF-1
Roaster 2: Hottop B-2K+
Roaster 3: 2 kilo Chinese drum
Grinders: Mazzer Major - Forte BG (x3)
Pour over: Hario - Bee House - Chemex - Kalita - Bodum
Drip: Bunn CWTF15-1 & CW15-TC (commercials)
Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 auto
Vacuum: Cona - Bodum
Press: Frieling - Bodum Colombia

allenb
This sounds like a great deal but I know that many will most likely be wary of possibly getting in the mix those pesky addware bombs that take over their computer. Hopefully there's no chance of that happening?

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

turtle

allenb wrote:

This sounds like a great deal but I know that many will most likely be wary of possibly getting in the mix those pesky addware bombs that take over their computer. Hopefully there's no chance of that happening?

Allen

No adds in the software but you WILL get emails from the manufacturer asking to update/upgrade. You CAN unsubscribe.

GOTD is a marketing tool for software developers. If you do not sign up for their notices you will not get them.

Every day a different piece of software is offered for free but be careful as you will be tempted to get all of them smile

You are NOT going to get offers for free versions of Adobe, Microsoft, or other big name products (they do not need the exposure).

Most of what you will see are smaller developers products and occasionally some of the larger companies will offer a product a month or so before they bring out a new release (free advertising for them).

I've been receiving the GOTD news letters for decades now and have taken advantage of a few offerings. Most are small companies products that I have in the big name stuff (photshop, Dreamweaver, etc) so I am not interested in most.

There is no malware or trojans in the supplied product as you download it from the manufacture's web site just like you would if you made an online purchase. You get a coupon/code that gives you 100% off of the cart price but you go through the purchase routine just like you would to purchase any online product.

Hope this alleviates any fears and trepidation about give away of the day offerings.

I did NOT take this offering as I use Photoshop CS6 (the last retail box version Adobe sold)
Mick - "Drinking in life one cup at a time"
"I'd rather be roasting coffee"

Roaster 1: San Franciscan SF-1
Roaster 2: Hottop B-2K+
Roaster 3: 2 kilo Chinese drum
Grinders: Mazzer Major - Forte BG (x3)
Pour over: Hario - Bee House - Chemex - Kalita - Bodum
Drip: Bunn CWTF15-1 & CW15-TC (commercials)
Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 auto
Vacuum: Cona - Bodum
Press: Frieling - Bodum Colombia

JETROASTER
At $10.00(us), PS Touch is the most pricey app that I've purchased. Very impressive.
PicsArt would be my second choice. Also a solid app. The ad-free version is still pretty cheap at $6.00
Both are great for posting on the fly.
Cheers, Scott

Jump to Forum: