Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Bullet
olddogTim
Well how is the bullet working
Getting old STINKS,but it's better than not getting old (Tim)
Equipment Technivorm model KBT-741 , Aero Press, Aillio Bullet R-1 V-2, running RoasTime

ginny
have zero idea I do not know of anyone that has one yet. they are now shipping pre-orders from what Jonas has said.

ginny

party

Black Stripe Coffee
I received an email this morning from them advising that they are planning to start shipping the next orders in October (estimate). I'll be putting in my order!
"Death Before Decaf"
LMWDP #515

Aillio Bullet R1, La Pavoni Professional, Rancilio Rocky, Technivorm Moccamaster, Hario Syphon

djmsalem
I'm very much enjoying mine. The coffee is as good as I've ever roasted (after 14 years) and it's great to be able to roast all I need in one go.

I'm very happy with mine, and I hope you'll be happy with yours. too.

Black Stripe Coffee
Received my Bullet this week and have completed 5 roasts on it so far. I'm starting to get the hang of the machine which is a HUGE upgrade from the Behmor 1600+
"Death Before Decaf"
LMWDP #515

Aillio Bullet R1, La Pavoni Professional, Rancilio Rocky, Technivorm Moccamaster, Hario Syphon

allenb
Glad to hear the Bullet is performing well! Please post details as to your experience so far running the roaster and any idiosyncrasies to be aware of.

You state that it's a huge upgrade from the Behmor. I still roast on my Freshroast, Behmor and my very souped up 1 lb gas drum roaster. I love them all and while they're all different, I can get remarkable roasts out of all of them. I wouldn't say any of them is a huge upgrade from another but they each take time to learn what makes them tick and each one will appeal more to one person than another.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

threwitallaway
I am curious about the response times of the bullet where heat is concerned. If you look at roasting profiles in Artisan for a gas roaster you will clearly see where heat was added or reduced to closely control the roast.

Since the Bullet is induction heat is it the same type of performance as gas or is there quite a bit of lag between turning up or turning down the heat and seeing it reflected in the Environmental temp/Bean Temp?

I have a HotTop at present and would like a small gas roaster, but if the bullet had good response times between increasing/decreasing heat and environmental/bean temp readings that correspond to those adjustments then maybe that would be the better choice.

-nate

Black Stripe Coffee
Having owned the Bullet for 2 weeks now I've roasted about 35 lbs of coffee. I've been roasting 800g of green beans per batch and I've dialed in some pretty good profiles so far. The software allows to playback profiles which has been very handy in creating consistent roasts.

I have no experience with gas roasters but being able to adjust drum speed, power, and fan speed allows to refine roast profiles and make adjustments as necessary. I don't notice any lag between the various adjustments and rate of roast. I love that I am able to simply plug it into my electrical outlet and start roasting.

I highly recommend this roaster.
"Death Before Decaf"
LMWDP #515

Jump to Forum: