Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Brian's Poppery build - 2 too hot?
Brian81
So I'm getting the first pops of 1st crack @ 2:30 even w/ an extension cord. Maybe add another cord? How do I maximize the out come with the P2? I tried a 1100w Chefmate I found at Goodwill but alas; same results.
Edited by ginny on 08/16/2015 4:50 PM
Bringing craft and coffee togeather.

Lawnmowerman
If you areadept at modding you can split the fan and heater element into two separate circuits. There are many varations of this. Here is a more simple one. I am attaching two diagrams: one is a pictoral diagram of the heating element"pancake" to familiarize yourself with the layout. The second is a schematic that shows the factory wiring plus a circuit that uses an extra transformer to power the fan, because one portion of the heating element controls the fan. Once you've disconnected the fan if you plug the heating element without it, you will get the heating element. So a transformer is connected to a lamp dimmer to run the motor. This circuit simply switches the heater(s) manually on and off as needed, while leaving the fan connected all the time.
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

Lawnmowerman
Here they are
Lawnmowerman attached the following images:
20150815_231940-1.jpg 20150815_232045-1.jpg

Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

HoldTheOnions
Pretty sure first time I've heard someone complain the Poppery II was too fast :-). How much beans are you roasting? You can also add more beans and stir away if necessary.

Jump to Forum: