Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Exhaust port size for BM?
Franklin
For fun, I am going to build a BM/HG roaster. It will be very similar to MarthaG's very nice build (see below). Her exhaust port looks to be a little large to me. I plan on using a ss 180 degree flexible conduit exhaust pipe to route away from HG air intake. The canister will be insulated.

i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg156/Ricordea/Coffee/bread_machine_coffee_roaster.jpg

Franklin
I tried the above design but the pot (called a bain marie) did not have enough slope on the bottom. Used regular pot and used auto header wrap and silicon sealer to insulate. Cut 1/16" hot rolled steel to cover pot. Used 1 1/2" iron floor flange for gun inlet/funnel hopper. Gutted electronics and rewired motor to wall switch. Thinking about using variac to slow motor to hear cracks better and a bean mass/environmental data logging system.
i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg156/Ricordea/DSCN0664.jpg

i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg156/Ricordea/DSCN0665.jpg

i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg156/Ricordea/DSCN0662.jpg

seedlings
Nice progress. The Bread maker motors are capacitor run, so a Variac may not work. Might need a variable frequency drive (VFD). I may be wrong though!!

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

CoffeeAndKimuras

Franklin wrote:

I tried the above design but the pot (called a bain marie) did not have enough slope on the bottom. Used regular pot and used auto header wrap and silicon sealer to insulate. Cut 1/16" hot rolled steel to cover pot. Used 1 1/2" iron floor flange for gun inlet/funnel hopper. Gutted electronics and rewired motor to wall switch. Thinking about using variac to slow motor to hear cracks better and a bean mass/environmental data logging system.
i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg156/Ricordea/DSCN0664.jpg

i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg156/Ricordea/DSCN0665.jpg

i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg156/Ricordea/DSCN0662.jpg

Would you be interested in making a video of your build wth some more explanation? I love it and am really interested in trying to replicate but I?m not the most savvy with this build stuff. What kind of bm is that? Does the heat gun go into the hole of that hopper?

CoffeeAndKimuras
Also, is the copper tube just exhaust? Do you get any chaff ejected out of there? Thanks!

Jump to Forum: