Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
1 KG Roaster
Ringo
Like I said that is a beautiful machine, you have done all the hard we you should be very happy. I really like how you have your burners way away from the drum, I think this will roast better. The flameon your burner looks perfect.
All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain

dmccallum

eschlukebir wrote:
This one is a study of "what can I guy with no metal working experience, a craigslist box welder and a 4in angle grinder build?"

This really does show what can be done with just the basics. Those beans you're roasting are looking good!

eschlukebir
I really am quite happy with it. It took way longer than I thought. And way more patience to get everything to line up right. There is a Metal Supermarket nearby so I spent a lot of time there in their junk pile, so all of the pieces were cheap. I still have to play with the air flow/ chaff collector a little. I'm losing quite a bit of chaff through the gap by the drum, and more than I expected out the exhaust of the fan too. But other than that for a first time it went well.

eschlukebir
I've done maybe 40 roasts overall now, and I'm pretty happy. Of course, now I'm also ready to start modifying it. I've been redoing the whole cooling tray, because the first one didn't work very good.

The bigger question I have right now is about the BT TC

My ET probe seems to be working about as expected, but the BT one is showing almost 470 before FC. I'm guessing its reading the front plate. I have been using these TC's are there better ones, or is there a way to insulate it better?

https://www.amazo...&psc=1
eschlukebir attached the following images:
brazil_2.jpg img_2121.jpg

Jump to Forum: