Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Can't Upload Photos
coffeeforblood
I have been trying to post a new thread in a roaster forum and I cannot seem to upload photos. The photos are JPEG files and are all less than maximum file size. I choose all of the pictures and they are all listed, but then when I go to preview the thread, they are nowhere to be seen. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any ideas?

JackH
Preview thread or quick reply can't be used when posting photos.

Try it again without using preview thread.

Let me know if you are still having problems. Glad to help.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

ginny
Jack, is correct...

we will help if you need but no Preview...

ginny

coffeeforblood
I got it to work. Thanks. I just did not understand the "no preview" provision.

ginny
funny, it's actually in the FAQ's but no one ever reads them...

you are not alone.

thanks for joining us.

ginny

roar

coffeeforblood
FAQ's?! FAQ's?! We don't need no stinkin' FAQ's. Ha ha. Sorry. I'm not very familiar with the site, so I didn't think to look for FAQ's.

snwcmpr
I've been here a few years ...... Now that explains why the photos don't work when I preview. DOH!!!!
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

Will2
I only try inserting a photo
fakepath?

OK, it works.
Any preview or placement in text
Will2 attached the following image:
artisanbuttons.jpg

Edited by Will2 on 10/24/2017 11:05 AM
Viliam

JackH
Fakepath does come up and can be ignored. I think it is just a placeholder that the system uses.

You can post up to 10 attachments. Avoid spaces in the filename and try to keep the file size under 270K. this saves space and keeps the system from bogging down loading large files. Avoid using the preview button when posting images.

I usually scale my images down using Paint resize. I set the largest dimension to 800 pixels in size and select constrain proportions to keep the size looking proportional.

Unfortunately, you can't place where the photos will appear on the screen or add titles. They all appear at the bottom as you have seen.
Edited by JackH on 10/24/2017 3:48 PM
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

greencardigan
Testing image
forum.homeroasters.org/forum/attachments/screenshot.png
within text post
greencardigan attached the following image:
screenshot.png

JackH
That is new to me. Updates to the site have been happening and maybe this is one of them.

How did you discover the file path?
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

greencardigan
I just posted an image as usual. Then grab image link from the small image. Then edit the post and insert link in img tags.

A bit annoying but doable if you want inline images.

JackH
Brilliant! Thanks.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

NetriX

greencardigan wrote:

I just posted an image as usual. Then grab image link from the small image. Then edit the post and insert link in img tags.

A bit annoying but doable if you want inline images.

It is an extra step that could possibly get eliminated. I'll look into how other forum software handles their images and go from there.

A lot happens when attaching an image, for instance the size and dimensions are checked against global values and denied or accepted according to results.

The image has to be renamed if the filename already exists.

According to the specifications of HTML5, a file upload control should not reveal the real local path to the file you have selected, if you manipulate its value string with JavaScript. Instead, the string that is returned by the script, which handles the file information is C:\fakepath.

mkane
Thanks for the post on how to post a pic of my 1st roast. It did taste like ash
mkane attached the following image:
dsc_0203.jpg

Jump to Forum: