Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ginny Powell
turtle
I can say that HRO was not just a forum.

Ginny made it a family.

It was and is a place where I felt "at home"

Mick - "Drinking in life one cup at a time"
"I'd rather be roasting coffee"

Roaster 1: San Franciscan SF-1
Roaster 2: Hottop B-2K+
Roaster 3: 2 kilo Chinese drum
Grinders: Mazzer Major - Forte BG (x3)
Pour over: Hario - Bee House - Chemex - Kalita - Bodum
Drip: Bunn CWTF15-1 & CW15-TC (commercials)
Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 auto
Vacuum: Cona - Bodum
Press: Frieling - Bodum Colombia

Randy G
This still IS a great place to feel at home.

In testament to her intellect and being a fine judge of character, she never offered me a job as Admin here! roar

Life's too short to drink bad coffee.

snwcmpr

Randy G wrote:

This still IS a great place to feel at home.

In testament to her intellect and being a fine judge of character, she never offered me a job as Admin here! roar

ROFL. smile
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

snwcmpr
i40.tinypic.com/2u70tpx.jpg
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

allenb
Nice Dino! Gin would have loved it!

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

jkoll42
Oh man that dino FRESH!

Love it
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

snwcmpr
I thought she would like it. Not as a substitute, but...

I saw it on another forum, searched the WWW and here it is.
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

BurntPalate
Long time lurker (7/8 years), first time poster. I'm touched by everyone's tributes here. Both amazing and heartwarming.
I've put off building my own roaster for long enough. Just last week I saw this thread, and ordered a Poppery 1 I'm going to modify. Because life is just too short.

JackH
BurntPalate,

Thanks for posting and feel free to ask if you have any questions about your roaster build. We have many great popper roaster builds here.
Edited by JackH on 01/27/2017 4:29 PM
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

snwcmpr
Popper.
I started with that roaster, Sweet Marias, and this forum.

Thanks Ginny.
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

Randy
I just posted an email to Ginny and found out the sad news! I've only joined the forum recently but found Ginny to be very kind and helpful. This forum is one of the few that tend to have less coffee snobs and more coffee sluts (lol), I've never been made to feel stupid with a question or opinion and I'm sure that Ginny made that environment possible. I've participated in the most recent coffee swap (albeit, I did it wrong and sent green beans which was probably a kinder outcome for my recipient as my roasts tend to vary in quality) and garnered much valuable information from the members here.
My coffee roasting has morphed enough to leave the whirley pop behind and transition to a Hottop roaster...I name all my beloved appliances...my Hottop will be named Ginny and I hope she smiles (and guides me) with every roast.
My condolences to the family.
If at first you don't succeed...destroy all evidence that you tried - Steven Wright

KasteR
Did not know Ginny as well as some of you. However I have had the pleasure of getting to know how nice of a lady she truly was. I may have helped with a few things around the site, due to the fact that I'm an administrator at PHP-Fusion USA, which is a content management system that this site operates on. If there's anything we can do to keep the wheels rolling here, please let us know. Rest in peace Ginny, you will be missed.

roar

snwcmpr
i40.tinypic.com/2u70tpx.jpg

Remembering Ginny.
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

btreichel
I know one of the last conversations with her was about her thinking about getting a bullet. This was back before that came with tryers. And of course her dog, and ...., etc.

atalanta
I know I'm several years late, but I wanted to add my thoughts. Ginny was a hoot! We chatted about roasting and eating and drinking. She got me reading IMBIBE magazine, of all things. The first thing I did when I stopped in this site today was to look her up so I could say HI and was deeply saddened that I couldn't.

allenb
I've been away for a few days and just saw this post. Yes, Ginny was a hoot and a half to be sure and we all still miss her deeply.

Thanks for checking in with us and do so often. BTW, how's your roasting been and have you come across any interesting green coffee lately?
Cheers
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Jump to Forum: