Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Adventures with my Poplite !!!
Dann-Oh
Hello All,

I will be using this forum/thread to document my incremental modification to my poplite.

First off I know its spelled wrong in the title but its MY adventure ;-).

Ill be starting with a chaff collector.
Edited by JackH on 04/25/2017 2:40 AM

ChicagoJohn

Dann-Oh wrote:

Hello All,

I will be using this forum/thread to document my incremental modification to my poplite.

First off I know its spelled wrong in the title but its MY adventure ;-).

Ill be starting with a chaff collector.

Cool. I did a couple of PopLite mods a couple of years ago (including a chaff collector) and will be looking forward to seeing your approach. It's always interested to see how other folks approach and solve problems especially when they do it differently. Have fun with it. I did close to 100 91 gm roasts with mine last year alone and it's still going strong with the original heating assembly and blower motor. I finally built a bigger version based on a Oreck XL vacuum cleaner motor and modified PopLite heater assembly that will do 4X as much at a time, but I still use the popper mod to try out profiles for smaller quantities. I'm sure you'll find it worth your while to do. Just be careful you don't get shocked like I did. woohoo
So many beans; so little time....

Dann-Oh
Thanks for the encouragement John. I will shamelessly be plagiarizing a lot of your ideas as they have inspired me to get better.

ChicagoJohn

Dann-Oh wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement John. I will shamelessly be plagiarizing a lot of your ideas as they have inspired me to get better.

Hopefully one of them will be using a ground fault interrupter so if you touch the wrong thing (like I did) you won't light up like a christmas tree Shock
So many beans; so little time....

Dann-Oh
Decided after after all that I do not want to modify my popcorn popper.

Between the pricing of the build (including a second popcorn popper for popcorn) and the frankensitne look im going to be going with a SR500.

renatoa
Another great roaster build opportunity lost... :(
smile
Roasters: DIY: TO based IR 200-640g
Commercial, moded: Skywalker, Dieckmann RoestMeister, Nesco, popper(s).
Electronics: TC4ESP (author), MS6514, USB/Artisan/Apps (contributor), PID controllers
Grinders: Potu ghost burrs, Arco, Xeoleo ghost burrs, Krinder, vintage PeDe Dienes, MBK Feldgrind, Kinu M38
Brew/presso: ALM pour over, Arin lever, Staresso Mirage, Hario Cafeor dripper, Flair Signature, Kompresso, Aeropress, Gaggia Mini

Jump to Forum: