Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
New Ukraina mini drum roaster
renatoa
Watching a video of the last weekend Budapest "World of coffee" exhibition, noticed at 2:30 an intriguing new design.

https://youtu.be/...VS1I?t=150

After a bit of forensic, found its an Ukraina company, rnow.coffee, "Right Now Coffee", manufacturing this mini roaster, 150 grams capacity, priced at 24500 ??? (Ukrainian Hryvnia) = 859 Euros.

Machine translated from their product page http://rnow.coffe...ni-roster/

"Mini-roster belongs to the class of electrical household appliances. The device is intended for roasting green coffee. The device is intended for home use only and has several pre-installed roasting profiles..."

rnow.coffee/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/IMG_8706-1000x667.jpg
Roasters: DIY: TO based IR 200-640g
Commercial, moded: Skywalker, Dieckmann RoestMeister, Nesco, popper(s).
Electronics: TC4ESP (author), MS6514, USB/Artisan/Apps (contributor), PID controllers
Grinders: Potu ghost burrs, Arco, Xeoleo ghost burrs, Krinder, vintage PeDe Dienes, MBK Feldgrind, Kinu M38
Brew/presso: ALM pour over, Arin lever, Staresso Mirage, Hario Cafeor dripper, Flair Signature, Kompresso, Aeropress, Gaggia Mini

bmralex
I do speak Russian (my native) and examined their website and spec carefully. From what I saw, does not come even close to the HT, although it is in the same pricepoint.
They provided power (850W), which is probably enough for 150g. They did not specify the thickness /insulation of the drum. 4 pre-program roasting settings, one user setting. No details on what parameters are controlled. Apparently no USB. Craftmanship is also not impressive, only said that the roaster is made of stainless steel and plastic. I would stay away from this machine. There are better options available in the same price range.

coffeeroastersclub
150 grams is a bit over 1/2 a cup. And it costs around the amount a hotpoint? If that is true how insane is that? Shock For $10 at the goodwill store you can roast 1/2 a cup in a popcorn popper and still get decent results.

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

Jump to Forum: