Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Modified Popper with Chaff Collector by thirddayhomeroaster
thirddayhomeroaster
Here's my final entry. Note the collar I added above the cooling area in the chimney area to accomodate the extra glass. When I finished, I thought, "This is finished. There's nothing else I could do to it." Five minutes later PID's crossed my mind. I see another mod in my roaster's future. And just now, I thought, what about a high wattage dimmer switch from ebay to run the heating element instead of off-on? Or maybe just build a new roaster from scratch? No wonder this hobby is so addictive! Off to work on my friend's popper mod.
thirddayhomeroaster attached the following image:
Photo_072507_005[317]dy[351].jpg

Edited by David on 07/29/2007 11:07 PM

David
At thirddayhomeroaster's request, I have reduced the size of his photos to conform with our 500 pixel width limit.

David

David
I read your entry with great interest.

I really liked the way you controlled the ambient temperatures as well as the nifty chaff collector. I thought your article was very well written and I appreciated your sense of humor.

The only drawback that I found in the article was that it was hard for me to tell what you were doing from the pictures. By that I mean that it wasn't until I was on the second page before I got the Big Picture. Even then it was still a bit confusing because the starting picture and the ending picture were quite different. Maybe a diagram inserted early on would help. Hmm, that's a lot of words to describe what is truly a very minor point.

I really liked your entry. If I ever return to my native Michigan, I will definitely be setting out to make one of these. A necessary accessory it is.

Nice job. s:2

EddieDove
I wish I had this kind of talent ... :(

Your sheet metal work is superb, especially considering the Hi-Tech equipment you used (as mentioned previously). GrinGrinGrin

Great work!
Respectfully,

Eddie Dove

The South Coast Coffee Roaster
vita non est vivere sed valere vita est
Home Coffee Roasting Blog and Reference
http://southcoast...gspot.com/

Jump to Forum: