Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
California’s Coffee Law - The Ugly Truth About This Scam
BescaUSA
Just to be clear

What's happening in CA has people all across the country, panicking. The truth is Coffee has a long history of healing cancer, lowering the risk of heart attack, lowering risk of multiple sclerosis, Type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer's and other health problems.

The chemical that is sparking this "Horse Crap" of a theory is Acrylamide

Acrylamide is a chemical compound with the chemical formula C?H?NO.

It is a white odorless crystalline solid, soluble in water

Acrylamide in food forms from sugars and an amino acid that are naturally present in food; it does not come from food packaging or the environment like our friends out west are claiming.

Acrylamide forms from sugars and an amino acid (asparagine) during certain types of high-temperature cooking, such as frying, roasting, and baking.

Acrylamide can also be found in the treatment of drinking water for us humans. So if these companies are so willing to make claims on coffee being the bad guy, why aren't they rushing to our drinking water and food supply first?

Let's be clear, the testing was done on lab rats, not humans, they are using effects that it had on animals and yet when that same test was given on humans, the results were harmless.

according to the 2014 research review, Studies done on humans have found "no statistically significant association between dietary acrylamide intake and various cancers.

It's a natural process that comes with cooking and roasting. Also, these folks are talking about parts per billion here, this is not something that even would likely affect rodents at this level of intake. This is nothing more, or, nothing less than people getting paid big time money to rip off the people of CA. I would be very upset if I was you.

Straight from the FDA's website

"Acrylamide is produced industrially for use in products such as plastics, grouts, water treatment products, and cosmetics. Acrylamide is also found in cigarette smoke"

That's all I have to say about that smile

Happy Coffee Drinking! Roflmao

turtle
I am wondering how they are going to put a warning on the air.

I was there a few months ago and still could not see the mountains only a mile away.

Mick - "Drinking in life one cup at a time"
"I'd rather be roasting coffee"

Roaster 1: San Franciscan SF-1
Roaster 2: Hottop B-2K+
Roaster 3: 2 kilo Chinese drum
Grinders: Mazzer Major - Forte BG (x3)
Pour over: Hario - Bee House - Chemex - Kalita - Bodum
Drip: Bunn CWTF15-1 & CW15-TC (commercials)
Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 auto
Vacuum: Cona - Bodum
Press: Frieling - Bodum Colombia

allenb

Let's be clear, the testing was done on lab rats, not humans, they are using effects that it had on animals and yet when that same test was given on humans, the results were harmless.

I strongly feel there should be a study undertaken by a reputable, California state approved animal psychiatric clinic to determine what possible long term deleterious effects to peace and well being of our rat community in California when hearing they might be the cause of human suffering due to caffeine withdrawal with people hearing of the toxic nature of coffee and subsequent removal from their diet.

Jerry Brown
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

BescaUSA
What are they really after? Can't we just love our coffee! BBQ grill

BobbyS
lol...........these people amaze me...lol...thought I had heard everything...lol

ThomasCee
From someone from the San Francisco Bay Area, this is just absolutely disgusting. Just another example of our stupid lawmakers who have completely lost touch of reality and pander to the few and ignore the masses who they are supposed to represent.

And politicians can't figure out why "they are not trusted". How willingly stupid are these people... So so frustrating.

I really hope this gets overturned, but I suspect this happened:
Starbucks and Peet's are in the coffee industry, not the political lobbyist business. Couple that with the fact that small artisan coffee shops don't usually communicate or strategize with the "big two", it was probably a case that a stupid law by an extremest legislator was written, a clever argument was made for it, and there was no unified and organized opposition group present when the bill was presented to counter it.

I don't know, I wasn't there, but I have been to previous hearings in Sacramento. The stupidity and the fact that our tax dollars are lining their pockets can seriously make your stomach turn.

Oh, and did I mention their stupidity and lost sense of reality? thumbdown

ThomasCee
Did some searching... Looks like it was a judge who made the ruling, not a law that was run through the Capitol in Sacramento. Here is a picture of the clown.

Sorry, it just rubs me sooo wrong that I (we) pay these guys so well (taxes) when I personally have worked between 2 and 3 jobs for the majority of the last 5 years. At least help maintain freedom, not more and more lockdown idiocy.

He's Judge Elihu Berle, on the front row on the center/left-ish.
www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/images/business_law/bclit/annual_2016/07.jpg

Freedom isn't free. It comes at great cost, and people try to erode it constantly.

BobbyS
a test (mental) needs to be done on these people who come up with these ludicrous ides.

Jump to Forum: