Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Powered Victorio hand cranked popper
Ozo

Koffee Kosmo wrote:

Those roast times are a little to fast for my liking
Can you stretch them out another 3 minutes

KK

I intend to reduce the heat sooner to get the temp down which should help plus monitor the heat all the way. As I said this is the first time that I have used the probe and now that I can see the temps it adds a control to the process that I did not have. I fully intend on using the probe from now on at least until I get a reasonable profile. 3 minutes longer should not be too tough to achieve.

Thanks for the input
Tim

"Espresso is a miracle of chemistry in a cup."
Andrea Illy

Ozo
Most of the roasting gear fits in the storage tub. When I construct the dedicated drill holder it will remain on the porch as it will be a laminated wood block of teak plywood salvaged after the last hurricane and will not be pretty enough for thieves to want it.

I decided to leave the colander screen loose as it is will be easier to clean and worked fine when loose.
i.imgur.com/E6jn4IX.jpg

EDIT: A big change is a new heater. (Not shown) It is a butane heater which eliminates the hose and propane tank. It is much simpler with the tank inside. Has an igniter. Also has a wind ring so lower flames will not be blown out. I am almost ready to build the wooden drill stand and will post the final photo when I do.
Edited by Ozo on 09/14/2018 11:46 AM
Tim

"Espresso is a miracle of chemistry in a cup."
Andrea Illy

ChicagoJohn
Compact and portable for your living arrangements. Well thought out.
So many beans; so little time....

Jump to Forum: