Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Yirgacheffe Gedeb Natural Process - Happy Mug
ChicagoJohn
After a long dry spell looking for a SO to roast for this winter, I tried Happy Mug's recently listed natural Gedeb. At light - medium, it's sweet and floral/fruity with relatively low acidity in the modified French press immersion and cone filter brewing method I use.
So many beans; so little time....

pelpa666
i tried some Yirgacheffe few weeks ago not sure if its the Gedeb Natural Process one but it was dam good.. very fruity. Loved it

ChicagoJohn

pelpa666 wrote:

i tried some Yirgacheffe few weeks ago not sure if its the Gedeb Natural Process one but it was dam good.. very fruity. Loved it

Yep, my favorite for some time. I've tried several washed and natural process and I like both, but since many producers in the Yirgacheffe region have gone to raised drying beds I think I like the dry, natural process a little more in general. Based upon the Happy Mug recommendation, I've also shifted my roast profile faster by about 2 minutes; in my air roaster, with 1st crack now at 7 minutes and cooling at about a minute following 1C at 9.5 - 10 minutes. This change has improved the flavor profile to my taste of both the Gedeb natural and of some washed Yirg Z I got from Theta Ridge so I'm planning to go with that for a while.
So many beans; so little time....

Jump to Forum: