Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The Gift of Green Coffee
neefer
Hi All - I am thinking of buying my coffee slave ... ahem ... I mean my husband green beans as a gift. He roasts our coffee for his rebuilt espresso machine, which is the 3rd (I think) one that he has restored/rebuilt. He likes espresso, and he makes me cappuccinos.

The thing is that I don't understand some of the terminology used at the green coffee vendor websites, and I'm having a hard time finding green coffee FAQs.

He buys all of his beans from Sweet Marias, and he seems to favor fruity, espresso-recommended beans.

I thought I'd expand his repertoire by randomly picking some pricey, fruity, espresso-recommended beans from Bodhi Leaf if I can figure out which beans those are.

Is this a terrible idea?

Thanks for any recommendations, comments, thoughts.

renatoa
Welcome
First, there no espresso special beans when green, is the roast style who make them better suited for brew or espresso.

But fruity ring me a bell, definitely should point you to an African origin, perhaps natural or honey processed.
Fortunately, the site search engine is powerful enough to allow search by cupping notes, so typing "fruity" in the search window return me a list with coffees having this characteristic.
My choice would be below, but is not the only:
https://www.bodhi...ural-green

neefer
morning

Thanks for the feedback.

Jump to Forum: