Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
West Bend Poppery I Base Extension
Gullygossner
I recently acquired a P1, added a transformer to boost the fan speed and a DROK 4000W 110V AC ACR Voltage regulator to control the heating element.

The transformer is riveted to the back of the unit and I have the voltage regulator stuck to the side of the unit with velcro.

This works but it leaves me with wires hanging and doesn't look great.

It got me thinking that with a 3d printer one could print off an extension that would attach where the bottom plate currently is attached and the bottom plate could attach to the bottom of the extension. This would allow for the components to be hidden from sight, very easy wiring and once an stl was produced others could print it themselves and modify it how they saw fit.

I started working on this in fusion 360 from a photo I took of the base but I feel there may be some skew from the camera lens that may lead to improper sizing.

I could put the fusion 360 file into a shared location if there was any desire for a sort of community contribution to the model.

Possibly someone in the community may have access to a 3d scanner and a P1 that may be able to contribute a scan of the base.
Gullygossner attached the following images:
screen_shot_2019-02-19_at_35843_pm.png west-bend-the-poppery-vintage.jpg

Gullygossner
I made some progress this week. I ditched the idea of using a photo of the underside oh the P1 and just pulled out the callipers.
Gullygossner attached the following image:
screen_shot_2019-02-21_at_85354_am.png

Jump to Forum: