Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Roaster for light commercial work
canoecreek
Hey everyone. I am in the market for a new roaster (actually my first roaster). I have slowly built a decent little following in my area roasting with a nut roaster. My orders are steady, but I am getting interest from places to do wholesale, etc.

With the nut roaster I am able to roast up to 1lb per roast, and honestly roast pretty much back to back if I need to. However, I am getting tired of cranking and cranking, and would love to be able to accurately track my roasts and be able to profile. I was wondering if there was a sub 3K roaster that you recommend? I really like the Mill City 1kg, but I am not ready to drop 7K on it. I am taking it slow and would rather outgrow a roaster/convert it to a sample roaster when I need to upgrade than take out a loan and drop it on a larger roaster. I have looked at the Bullet R1, but just seems like so many issues with it over on the facebook group. Thought about the Hottop K+, but it roasts just a small amount. Can the Hottop do back to back roasts? I have heard rumors of a Behmor 1kg machine...just thought I would see if there was something I never considered.

JitterzZ
welcome2
I imagine that it all depends on your roaster type preference. For example, Drum, fluid bed, gas, electric, wood. Have you looked into the Sonofresco or Artisan roasters? I know that they are a bit more than 3K, but really you're not going to get much lower than that for the size that you want unless you buy used or just build your own. This forum is full of builds in the size range that you are after, and built for hundreds not thousands. If building your own roaster is an option, then this forum is definitely for you.

Have a look at this success story: https://forum.hom...post_53937
Video/story starts at 1:22

Edited by JitterzZ on 04/13/2019 6:46 PM

renatoa
Wait for summer, the coming Behmor 1k drum at $2499
Or an used Artisan 3 pound at same amount on eBay.

Or, much cheaper and not so complicate... build ! BBQ grill

canoecreek
I have heard of the coming Behmor....curious about it for sure.

I never really put much thought into building one. I am not the most skilled craftsman, so it never really crossed my mind to build one.

Jump to Forum: