Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Immersion Style Fluid Bed Concept
DanT
CK, would you mind sharing some pics of the diffuser head? Of course other pics of this machine are welcome.

CK
It's a simple tube with vanes at the bottom to direct the airflow radially. Different angles and geometries were experimented with for optimal flow based on the airspeed and roast chamber vs. diffuser head sizes. Roast chamber shapes were also experimented with. The heater ideally would be mounted within this tube to shed radiant heat to the beans as well.
CK attached the following image:
diffuser_head.jpg

DanT
Perfect, thank you! That gives me a good, general idea - will begin to experiment.

CK
Here's a section view of the complete idea.
CK attached the following image:
section_radial_roaster.jpg

timfur
I had seen the Novo version before and styled a potential roaster on the basic concept. This uses a 5" OD x 7" chamber (140 ci). I haven't put a fan in yet as I was just playing around with the concept. There could be a recirc valve inserted between the cyclone and the plenum intake.

But by my calculations this would be able to do a half-pound, but I have yet to build one so my knowledge is purely theoretical at the moment. But I'm liking the design so far.
timfur attached the following image:
roaster_25.jpg

renatoa
What is your estimate capacity for 8" OD x 10" tall roast chamber ?

Idea... the upper chamber can be turned into a Thien-baffle chaff collector, no more the need for a cyclone, result an even more compact design.

Jump to Forum: