Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Building a roaster in Australia
rthorntn
Hi,

I want to build a fluidbed that can do 250g at a time, if it could automatically do a similar ramp profile to me turning the variac on my popcorn popper that would be great (PID?). I have a decent understanding of electronics and I can solder PTH and SMT.

I do have a spare Zallus Oven Controller kit http://www.zallus...ontroller/ anyone used one of those, it comes with an SSR, or would I need a MOSFET (I see MOSFET's mentioned in posts here)?

I see a lot of posts with parts from US stores (for example the Pyrex Bake-A-Round, a new one from the US on Ebay is $25 US shipping), has anyone built a fluidbed with parts that are available from Australia, if so, do you have the list of parts and where to get them?

Ideally I don't want to reinvent the wheel, I'm happy to build something that works well with 250g of beans, a shopping list that I could source locally would be awesome, happy to source stuff from aliexpress with cheap delivery (heat gun)?

Thanks.

Richard
Edited by rthorntn on 10/07/2019 12:46 AM
Equipment: Sunbeam Popcorn Popper, Variac, Lido E, La Pavoni

renatoa
Instead Bake-a-round, which is also missing in Europe, check lantern spare glass, you should have gas lanterns in Aus, right? Grin have seen them in Kangaroo Dundee Grin

Mosfet is for fan control, or any motor allowing PWM control.

Be aware that your controller seems out of production, if it broke, you are out of roast until finding a replacement...

You could also evaluate a build based on a turbo oven halogen lid, much easier to build, no glass to cut, no airflow to control, quiet, and bigger capacity, 250g is a minimum, average is 5-600g.

rthorntn
Thank you.

Ooij01
I'm currently using one of teh large French Presses from kmart and a cocktail shaker on top to add extra volume. Controller is an arduino with a TC4 from one of our members here and a cheap PWM controller from ebay for fan control. Used one of the BigW vacuum motors as the blower.

rthorntn
Thanks jooi123.

Do you have a parts list for the entire build?

Any photos or a drawing?

Thanks again.

Richard

Jump to Forum: